Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

"Can we leave it this month" AGAIN

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yes but I also have a lot where access is an issue I used to book them in but it's become a pain from now on any new ones have to sign up with DD and the front gets done I do not go collecting as it's unpaid work. 
I don’t go collecting until they’re late late, passed the point of being cancelled. There are a couple of exceptions to that, I have a handful of oldies that like to pay cash and on the odd occasion they’re out I’ve offered to come back but they’re all in streets I pass regularly. The best part is that offer has only been taken up on one occasion thus far.

Yes but I also have a lot where access is an issue I used to book them in but it's become a pain from now on any new ones have to sign up with DD and the front gets done I do not go collecting as it's unpaid work. 
Yep, same as that, I don't go back collecting as a rule. I leave a zip bag with one of my cards for the payment to be left out for me, hidden in a safe place out the back, and I explain the way I work regarding payments. They can then put the bag aside ready for each clean (I used to take my dinner money to school in a small tin) the system works well for me. I price and charge for one visit not two. Of course sometimes I have to go back to collect, but they are very soon dumped if they persist. 

I disagree and prefer to have "minimal contact" but that I suppose suits my personality type. I couldnt build that type of relationship with them if I wanted to I'm just not an outgoing social person . Dont get me wrong I have certain customers I click with and chat to but it's only a handful who get more than a smile and a hello goodbye etc.

I just like to clean and get done and go home so chatting and getting to know people personally etc is just slowing me down.
You sound just like me ? I prefer to crack on with work, but I have been known to chat with clients for up to 20 minutes 

window cleaning is just not that important for most people.....however if customers want a regular service they have to toe the line and fit into MY work schedule,NOT theirs,occasionally get their windows cleaned in the rain and pay me in a reasonable amount of time....THATS IT!....if they start to falter on any of these 3 things then its goodbye......

what some people dont realise is their domestic house job is easily replaceable with another similar job and it usually happens within a month...because we have lots of eggs in many different baskets it doesnt affect our earnings in general terms as theres always another job just around the corner....its not so easy for them to find a decent window cleaner who is reliable,trustworthy and does a good job year in/year out though....

most customers learn this over the years from having lots of different window cleaners and stick with a good one when they find them........and dont kick up a fuss if they turn up and clean in the rain,ive been cleaning in the rain for years,customers get used to it and most dont even mention it if their in when i clean....

im running a business...if i dont work im not earning...most customers understand this thank God!?

Cracking post dazmond couldn’t agree more ??

Interesting reading.  I'm just starting, I understand the theory about just skipping a clean to keep the customer but where does everyone draw the line?  I mean how many cleans can they skip before it becomes a first clean job again?  
It all comes down to time imo. 

Starting out you will pick up a fair number of the messers others have dropped. Building and having your numbers grow can be a good motivator, even thought as low as 40% maybe long term keepers. 

As you fill with work you will see the skippers as a waste of your time, if they skip, they’re hardly a customer. You’ll  replace them with another you hope will be a keeper. 

It can take years to build a successful round. 

Good luck with it. 

Back