canvassing phobia

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by lee.h, Mar 14, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. lee.h

lee.h Member

well after a few poor attempts at canvassing i finally got over my fear of knocking doors and went pretty mental today, knocking every door in sight
    and putting the word out as much as possible . got alot more of this planned
    and found it ok actually. A few people told me not to bother as there are already window cleaners in the area but there are numerous cleaners everywhere these days so im not worried. i dont want to tread on toes so i did avoid houses with obviously clean windows.

im no sales man but i think i did ok, have managed to get a few customers in week one so not bad. thanks to everyone who has responded to messages etc your support is extremely appreciated!

should i be dis heartend by the presence of other cleaners in the area?

Advertisement
  2. James

James Guru

I canvass houses even if they have clean windows, you will never ever know buddy. It's worth a shot.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?g2yk3j

3. chip

chip Guru

don't be disheartened by others on the street. i was asked to do a house by someone who said he could'nt find a w/c. on the day i did them there were 2 lads at the house opposite, the following time saw another!
    no one has right to a monopoly, and most of the compe***ion is either freindly or indifferent, but there are some who get shirty but i have'nt had one for years

4. Ryan

Ryan Guest

dont listen to anyone bar yourself mate

do what streets u want if u get 1 job per street it will lead to more in time

i aim for 1 job every time i go out canvassing normally i go for 2 hrs at a time atm as i haven't got a great deal of spare time and manage to get a couple even on streets with window cleaners

it all depends on how much u need or want personally i would love to have 100 monthly customers by julythis year but long term id like 150-200 then i'll be full time windows :] as i work part time as well atm i am working 12 hrs a day and its very hard work but love the windows and am very happy when out.

just aim for 1 customer everything u go out and when u get a few that day will cover for the days u dont get any :]

5. Paul

Paul Guest

Do every house if they have clean windows or not the worst they can say is no, then just crack on.

6. James

James Guru

'crack on' haha I'm always telling my staff that.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?e4crbo

7. Iain

Iain Guru

Well done mate. The more you practise the knocking the easier it'll become. Balls to the compe***ion and other peoples "turf"!

8. lee.h

lee.h Member

just about to go back out again.. i was really strugling with nerves so i just set a target of 10 houses and did that easy. so then i just did the entire area for four hours haha, need to do more tho.

thanks for all the support i dont think id be able to do it otherwise if im hoinest

9. Paul

Paul Guest

As GSF said mate don't worry about the compe***ion look after No1, they ain't gonna pay your bills. It's 2012 there's no such thing as turfs anymore like it used to be itsa free for all and the best gets it.

10. Well done mate keep it up. I find it easier with 2 people if you can. It makes it less demoralising plus you will cover more in less time and it's a bit of a compe***ion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement