Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Castors replacement ideas?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Martin C

Ok, Whirlaway castors are failing pretty quick on pretty new FSC, one is notchy and grinding, won’t swivel, seems grit has reached the bearings, any ideas on a better quality replacement for all four castors please?

Ok, Whirlaway castors are failing pretty quick on pretty new FSC, one is notchy and grinding, won’t swivel, seems grit has reached the bearings, any ideas on a better quality replacement for all four castors please?
Ime suppprised about this mine is around 6 years old and fine it’s noisy but still fully working. Just give them a spray before and after use with WD40 or similar it might help

Ime suppprised about this mine is around 6 years old and fine it’s noisy but still fully working. Just give them a spray before and after use with WD40 or similar it might help
Yea I have sprayed with WD it loosens it up to a degree but after using it again it’s gone tight again. I did read somewhere that the castors on these weren’t much good.

Yea I have sprayed with WD it loosens it up to a degree but after using it again it’s gone tight again. I did read somewhere that the castors on these weren’t much good.
Don't use WD40 as it has solvent in which will evaporate and wash out any lubricant there is! Maybe use some spray grease.

Don't use WD40 as it has solvent in which will evaporate and wash out any lubricant there is! Maybe use some spray grease.
There isn’t any grease in the bearings they are designed to be free from lubricants as it gets all the dirt in the bearing’s when using it it’s made to be washed our with water we just spray with WD40 before and after use to help keep it free running

Yea didn’t think about that, I’ll get some spray grease & keep them greased up. Only seems one of the four is playing up

There isn’t any grease in the bearings they are designed to be free from lubricants as it gets all the dirt in the bearing’s when using it it’s made to be washed our with water we just spray with WD40 before and after use to help keep it free running
Cheers for the info, I thought they where 'normal' casters with ball bearings.

Ah…ok

Back