Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

cement splashes on windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

Is there any spray solution you can use to remove cement splashes on windows rather tans slowly trying to loosen off with soapy sponge to loosen off . so easy to scratch if not carefull . Usually find on windows after extensions etc being built

They never do its the same with Painters splashes of paint to get off. They just expect you to remove all because of your Job Title. If the builder tries to get off and he scratches the glass and does not tell the home owner you will prob get the blame . I just use soapy water & sponge just time consuming and they dont expect to be charged for the extra time and work as they are a regular customer

I clearly state on my website that I don't clean up after other trades if a customer asks I'll tell them that I don't and it's the tradesperson who caused the issue responsibility, but if they want me to I'll have to charge for materials and my time that puts an end to it.

They never do its the same with Painters splashes of paint to get off. They just expect you to remove all because of your Job Title. If the builder tries to get off and he scratches the glass and does not tell the home owner you will prob get the blame . I just use soapy water & sponge just time consuming and they dont expect to be charged for the extra time and work as they are a regular customer
Why should your customers expect you to do extra for free, even if they are regular? You're running a business, you're not doing a favour for your customers. Well you shouldn't be.

Is there any spray solution you can use to remove cement splashes on windows rather tans slowly trying to loosen off with soapy sponge to loosen off . so easy to scratch if not carefull . Usually find on windows after extensions etc being built
I use this one. I have the small bottle more than 2 years in my van now. Works well, but read the instructions, as it may reacts with dark upvc, what I learned hard way.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but I understood cement etches the glass when it touched it. So even if removed carefully it’ll leave a scratch. That’s what I tell my customers when they ask & I explain I don’t touch it due to this.
The lime in the cement can etch the glass leaving a cloudy look if it’s been on there a long time not sure about the scratches though

yes its best warning them first that you are not to blame for any marks left on glass if you remove the dried cement splashes before you attempt to remove it. otherwise they may just want someone to blame if scratched

Back