Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Terrible Day Today

WCF

Help Support WCF:

All Round Cleaning

Had a terrible day today .

First off 1 new customer cancelled said she was moving house , oh well never mind

second house cleaned the front the back gate was locked even though they knew i was coming grrrrrrr .

third house i got done but was hammering it down so went home after i finished that one .

Then tonight when knocking got 0 new customers the first time it has happened but only knocked about 20 houses as it was raining again . when someone did say they were interested they said my prices were too expensive jeez man .

I quoted £15.00 for it a 4 bed semi detached with massive windows, glass frames and doors the same as im charging her neighbour

her comments on the matter was oh the last window cleaner done them for a fiver .

so my reply was well thats probably why he no longer cleans them then and her reply was nooooo he tried to clean my windows in the rain so i got rid , silly woman .

So all in all just feel like Iv'e had a very poor day today i think im just gonna stop quoting for frames cills and doors as people are seeming to be very tight at the moment , maybe it's the weather i dunno ???

Some strange people out there. When people say to me it's to expensive I just say that's what it is & that's it. People want somet for nothing nowadays. I don't quote for frames & sills gav. Just quote for windows. They will usually say does that include frames & all I say is yes I wipe the frames & sills & that's it. I don't do them specialy & certainly don't quote for them. You can then keep yer prices down & just rub them over although £15 seems fair to me.

I had a girl tell me, don't you think £4 is a bit much for just my fronts? 2 large windows, 2 small + door.. I just told her if I didn't charge you £4 there wouldn't be any point me doing them, offered her to go and get someone else is she couldn't afford it, fair enough she goes, and I'll only be paying it once as I'm moving next week..

hmmm ok posh thanks for that.

I think what i may start to do is lower my prices a bit for the new ones and maybe charge double for the first cleans and see if i can pick

some more new customers today is the first time i have felt like there's something a miss .

Maybe on a house like that go for £12 but I don't know yet average price in Wolverhampton. I know some people will say stick to yet guns and that's there opinion but sometimes you need to bite the bullet & go a bit cheaper even if it means you come out even. That £12 house could lead to another 2 or 3 and it's easy for people like me who have quite a few custies to say don't worry more will come but at the start you take anything & you try keep as low as poss to get them. I always thought would rather have 10 houses at £12 then 3 or 4 at £15??? Just my opionon.

I'm thinking that the problem is coming from old age windies not putting prices up so people still think windies earn £30 a day

does my head in the thing is this house i quoted i would have been there for the first clean for around an hr an half on first clean .

thats glass frames cills and door so after initial clean i would knock it out in maybe 30 to 45 mins .

I'm thinking that the problem is coming from old age windies not putting prices up so people still think windies earn £30 a day

does my head in the thing is this house i quoted i would have been there for the first clean for around an hr an half on first clean .

thats glass frames cills and door so after initial clean i would knock it out in maybe 30 to 45 mins .
If you could knock it out In 30 mins @ £12 that's £24 an hour once u had done the hard work on the first clean. It's a right sod sometimes. I just used to bite the bullet to get the job within reason.

If you could knock it out In 30 mins @ £12 that's £24 an hour once u had done the hard work on the first clean. It's a right sod sometimes. I just used to bite the bullet to get the job within reason.
well you mate i have around 6 or 7 on that street and they all priced between £13 and £15 and the neighbours is £15.00 so i couldnt charge the neighbour £15.00 if im gonna do hers for £10 or £12 .

theres a woman over the road from her smaller house 3 bed and half the amount of windows and im gettin £12 for that so i just simply cant go undercutting my own prices to be honest no point in it if they wont pay il just pick more up elsewhere .

My average price per job is just under £7.00 and my highest priced job is £12.00 thats a house with a conservatory !

I wish my prices were like your Gav lol /emoticons/tongue.png

Back