Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hypo, before, during, after

• Thread starter Hotwash window cleaning
  • Start date
H

Hotwash window cleaning

used hypo on a job, these are the before during after pics, left it abotu 5 mins then just washed off

2 (1).png

2 (2).png

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

it is manily used on the frames, but i have put pure hypo on glass i have had at home and left it to dry and washed off, not had a problem yet

I would be wary of using hypo on glass. It can etch it.
I wish people would do their research

Hypo is perfectly safe on glass being basically just bleach..sodium and chlorine neither of which can harm glass and in fact Benz softwash recommend it for dirty first cleans on upvc and glass

I softwashed 2 glass conservatorys with 2% hypo today with no issue as usual

I wish people wouldn't use potentially dangerous chems when there are perfectly safe other options.
PVC is not exactly so hard to clean that it needs hypo.

Just my opinion however. Whatever floats your boat.
So what would you suggest to use. As tried tfr and thought it was ****. Heavy duty degreaser was ok

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

tfr20 is all u need for upvc its the strongest tfr on the market imo , nice job buy the way hot wash p.s. is that you hotwash from plymouth ?

also my m8 uses hypo on everything to clean and he said u can splash on glass and it dont matter as it doesnt harm the glass in any way ! i no if u splash ubik on glass it can mark it in the sun i no this cos ive done it once :eek:

heres a few others, first 2 where bleach and last one was heavy duty deg

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-3dujzbjnj5YZ.jpg

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-9v3loxzVMbFY.jpg

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-syskP2IV33Jp.jpg

I wish people wouldn't use potentially dangerous chems when there are perfectly safe other options.
PVC is not exactly so hard to clean that it needs hypo.

Just my opinion however. Whatever floats your boat.
You know i agree with your opinions on ppe and inexperienced guys throwing chems about

I use hypo on conservatorys and fsg jobs as it is my prefered method and makes the jobs much quicker but they are always done safely and with correct ppe.. no point risking your health for a few quid but done correctly it is very effective

Got a photo to pm you to get your opinion on ..full render clean on a big house

You know i agree with your opinions on ppe and inexperienced guys throwing chems aboutI use hypo on conservatorys and fsg jobs as it is my prefered method and makes the jobs much quicker but they are always done safely and with correct ppe.. no point risking your health for a few quid but done correctly it is very effective

Got a photo to pm you to get your opinion on ..full render clean on a big house
Please may I ask this. What precautions do you take to prevent the chemicals from damaging or killing your customer's lawn, plants, etc? Also what PPE do you consider to be suitable for jobs like this?

Up till now I've only used UBIK or similar.

Thanks

I've used UBIK TFR20 & HYPO whilst I find they all help to speed the job up & some quicker than others. However, I've also used car shampoo & ive also used just water & in all honest the final results were sames. It's down to the UPVC.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Please may I ask this. What precautions do you take to prevent the chemicals from damaging or killing your customer's lawn, plants, etc? Also what PPE do you consider to be suitable for jobs like this?
Up till now I've only used UBIK or similar.

Thanks
To protect plants etc from hypo and biocide you soak it with a hose so the plants are thoroughly wet

Once you have finished spraying chems rinse them all down again

They are perfectly fine

tfr20 is all u need for upvc its the strongest tfr on the market imo , nice job buy the way hot wash p.s. is that you hotwash from plymouth ?also my m8 uses hypo on everything to clean and he said u can splash on glass and it dont matter as it doesnt harm the glass in any way ! i no if u splash ubik on glass it can mark it in the sun i no this cos ive done it once :eek:
I'm guilty of this with TFR on many occasions :oops:

Well you buy it usually in drums at 14-15% strength

Then you need to do the maths to make that into a 2% strength solution

6.5l water + 1l hypo = 7.5l

15% strength hypo

15 ÷ 7.5 = 2

That makes 2% hypo

Use that same ratio whatever amount you want to make

Any other strength you want to make just have a rough guess.. do the maths and check it until you find what you want

Hope that makes sense

Well you buy it usually in drums at 14-15% strengthThen you need to do the maths to make that into a 2% strength solution

6.5l water + 1l hypo = 7.5l

15% strength hypo

15 ÷ 7.5 = 2

That makes 2% hypo

Use that same ratio whatever amount you want to make

Any other strength you want to make just have a rough guess.. do the maths and check it until you find what you want

Hope that makes sense
It does mate.. upon application does it make the green disappear ? I've a very high pvc clean to do for a customer and I remember looking back 3 years ago saying it needed done. That's literally how bad it was then so worse now. So hoping hypo will make me fly through it

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock