Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cheap wfp set up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Thats why I bought it, let's see how quick I lose my customers, watch this space??seriously tho I am going to try and make it work, that's why I came on here to make it look like a know what I'm doing when I get there?been practising on my house today, neighbours must of been wondering why the **** a cleaned me windows 10 times 

Nah mate av had mine 5 years best thing a bought, k rends shite, probably the worst out there, a mainly spray my Basecoat on and do a silicone finish, far better system talking render on a window cleaning forum here mind ?tbh it's good to look through all these threads, my eyes have been opened thinking what the **** have I let myself in for, bought it without doing homework, am in now so got to make it work?
I'd get a refund, this industry isn't cheap

cleaned me windows 10 times 
Only a few hundred more to go ?

The critical bit is to just do a good job, speed will come with time. Remember you have 42 customers to make happy, well at least not annoy ? 

When will your son be starting to learn? With 2 of you it will be significantly quicker plus you can foot the ladder to make it a bit safer.

If you can, record lots of video footage of the chap you bought from when he does the job. It's not just cleaning windows but the order he does things in, where he puts the ladder etc. While his methods might not be perfect he will have been using them for longer than you and the custys know him, so start how he does things to boost custy confidence in you. Ideally, if you can, do a better job, but maybe not in front of him ?. 

Good advice, noted mate, my son will be learning on my house when I've got the jist?but yes 100 percent take note first time, I've already done the good old YouTube tutorials, what could go wrong?

Good advice, noted mate, my son will be learning on my house when I've got the jist?but yes 100 percent take note first time, I've already done the good old YouTube tutorials, what could go wrong?
If the guy is willing, get him to tweak your technique as watching vids is good (although there are some poor ones out there) someone saying change your angle a little or go closer/further away from seals etc can be a real help. Even the use of the applicator can be tweaked to leave less on frame edges or less soap pushed into old seals etc. Every little thing you can learn from him will be valuable till you learn your own style and methods that is.  

As for youtube AE mackintosh had some good trad stuff a couple of years ago and Trad Man, although he is a bit too much in Ungers pocket but still has some good vids. 

Good feedback, thanks, very surprised how helpful you lot have been on here, totally expecting a load of abuse with the odd helpful lad, believe me it's nothing like the rendering forums to newbies, they're ******* ruthless?

Good feedback, thanks, very surprised how helpful you lot have been on here, totally expecting a load of abuse with the odd helpful lad, believe me it's nothing like the rendering forums to newbies, they're ******* ruthless?
If you go on CIU you will get plenty of abuse ???? this is a friendly place most of the time ???

You could be watching the cowboys ?

We'll just plaster you with kit lists, then there's PJJ who only talks about his hot water haha

Hi new to the group. I am a complete newbie, I work full time  and have just bought a round as a sideline to help get my son start off. It's only 43 houses once a month. I have been looking into the wfp systems for all the firdt floor windows. Any advice would be welcome. Prices, best start up, how much water I will need to take out etc etc. This any good or shite. 

Cheers

View attachment 25265
I had that trolley originally was decent but ends up rusting away. At least u have soft water so u can easily make your own with Di vessel pictured there. The bayersan poles are nasty cheap though. Get Gardiner straight away definitely worth the money.. some things in life are worth the extra

Back