Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Claber 40 Metal Reel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

THL4KEL

Has anyone got one of these reels -

It says it can be used with 3/4 hose, but does anyone know if the reel connectors can be changed to 3/4 connectors as they look like 1/2inch connectors, which is a waste of time with a 3/4 hose? (I want to increase flow rate off garden taps)
Mate, surely you are only going to get what the tap delivers and no more regardless of the diameter of hose.

It says it can be used with 3/4 hose, but does anyone know if the reel connectors can be changed to 3/4 connectors as they look like 1/2inch connectors, which is a waste of time with a 3/4 hose? (I want to increase flow rate off garden taps)
I have one, as far as I recall the outside fitting is a 3/4" bsp but inside I think is a hozeloc male - so small hole through the middle of that. I can't be positive as I put it together aver 2 years ago.

the smaller fitting each end won't effect the flow as the water expands to fill the larger diameter which makes the water move faster then comes out at more pressure the other end - (as long as its just the fitting)
1/2 inch bore will slow the water speed down the longer the length due to smaller bore size.

In short your answer is no

Long answer: the advertised reel blurb is misleading as you can store 3/4" - 19mm hose on I but you'll always have a restriction at the inner manifold and generic hoselock style outlet of 12.5mm

You can't change or modify the inners

Check this out for context

Does anyone have a 3/4 inch hose reel ideally that can hold 50/40 meters of 3/4 hose that they can recommend? (Lighter the better)
You're not going to be able to source a light-ish or lightweight hose reel for 3/4" hose and hold 40/50m that you'll simply lift into a van

Most large bore hoses of that size require a 4 wheel irrigation trolley or this option

I use the equiv. in my vans that take 50 meters of 3/4 - this is a mobile one ( no where the size of an irrigation monster reel

Back