Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning on the inside?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

8x 1m-.6m panel glass conny roof 

Take your outside price and stick minimum 50% on it.

Personally i hate doing Internal windows, ive used Covid to drop ALL internals, except 1.

Internal conny roofs are deffo in my opinion a job that youll do until your busy and established enough to not bother with. Ive done a few and never come across one thats 'easy enough'.

Most have layers of filth on them and one clean is often not enough to get them looking good, expect to take twice aslong as you think it will take.

Filthy water will run off the ends of your blade and if it gets on walls, furniture (and it will), it will stain.

If you can afford to aviod it the do, but feature into your price an extra pair of hands as taking a mate to foot the steps is a good idea as you will lean back while blading, you will over reach.

100% make them empty the condervatory of anything that they can.

I was askes to do a complete internal clean of a conny the size of thw pic PJJ has given and they had been growing Tomatos in it all summer, i quote them £375 they nearly fell over and said they thought it would be £50ish, they got a quote from a cleaning company aswell and they wanted £400.

Maybe ill get pulled up for some of my reply but its just my 2pence worth

8x 1m-.6m panel glass conny roof 

Take your outside price and stick minimum 50% on it.

Personally i hate doing Internal windows, ive used Covid to drop ALL internals, except 1.

Internal conny roofs are deffo in my opinion a job that youll do until your busy and established enough to not bother with. Ive done a few and never come across one thats 'easy enough'.

Most have layers of filth on them and one clean is often not enough to get them looking good, expect to take twice aslong as you think it will take.

Filthy water will run off the ends of your blade and if it gets on walls, furniture (and it will), it will stain.

If you can afford to aviod it the do, but feature into your price an extra pair of hands as taking a mate to foot the steps is a good idea as you will lean back while blading, you will over reach.

100% make them empty the condervatory of anything that they can.

I was askes to do a complete internal clean of a conny the size of thw pic PJJ has given and they had been growing Tomatos in it all summer, i quote them £375 they nearly fell over and said they thought it would be £50ish, they got a quote from a cleaning company aswell and they wanted £400.

Maybe ill get pulled up for some of my reply but its just my 2pence worth
I agree with what you say , ones to be careful of are smokers houses , I did one after I just starred cleaning windows never again , I couldn’t get the smell of fags off my skin for weeks my arms went orange from the dirty water and I had to throw my tee shirt away . We only do a few conservatory insides and the commercial jobs , apart from that from now on the answer will be we don’t do internal windows .

Back