Cleaning trad from a car. Unprofessional?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by RichieRich, Jul 29, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

?

Unprofessional?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. RichieRich

RichieRich Member

Do you think using a car instead of a van as a trad cleaner is a disadvantage in terms of professional image?

I'm not talking about big commercial contracts but rather general domestic and shop work?

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to park my Fiat punto in their drive so I park on the road then walk up lol :(

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#2 boarcity, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2016
    fiatbrava.jpg i started off like many using a Fiat car - raked in no end of work with it. im sure it brought me more work than any of the vans iv had since ,cos a car looks like youre approachable

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. tobyswindowcleaning

Nothing wrong using a car when you're first starting out. I'm still using my Astra

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

4. BigFoot

BigFoot Active Member

Psychological I would have thought but I've done the same as you by parking away from houses I clean. I think if customers see you progressing and improving in business and success they somehow feel part of it. perhaps it contributes to customer loyalty in the long run. I don't hide my car now (was a nisan micra now a people carrier). I'll have a nice van some day and when it happens Ill be sure to tell my loyal customers they helped me get there.

5. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

I doubt anybody cares what you drive
    It's more your manner and attitude that counts especially as your at there homes

6. mark

mark Forum Addict

no!!!keep it clean-maybe get some magnetic signs on it from vista print.or black the the back windows out & get it sign written,so it looks like a van

7. Cghwindowcleaning

Cghwindowcleaning Well-Known Member

Loads of window cleaners where I am from work out of cars I would say at least 50%.
    Your average domestic customer won't care if you use bike,foot or car.

I have a mate who drives a battered old combo ex royal mail van which is so old it has gone a pink colour and a customer commented that she liked the fact he didn't have a big shiney expensive van.

If you can afford a van get one as they are easier to work out off but the truth is most won't care.

8. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

I def think a big shiny van can look expensive to potential customer
    That's why I'd never employ Damo

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have worked from cars and vans and imo it makes no difference
    The only reason i am changing to a hilux is to carry 2 small tanks in or i would keep using my car

10. Alien Human

As long as it looks relatively professional I don't think it matters which for trad. Given the choice though I'd always pick a van though.

My first van was a **** 99 reg Volkswagen caddy. Was fun for awhile but as the business grew and I got more top end customers, commercial cleans etc it did become quite embarrassing turning up in it.

Crashed it.......best thing I ever did......not funny at the time though :)

Advertisement