Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Clever Idea

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Go and buy a bread tin or similar from wilko, Make 3 holes, Hammerite it, stick some stainless hinges and a spring on ya plate make a hole in door, fasten tin in with method of your choice, attach plate, Roberts ya mothers brother or is it just me that sees that as being simpler than snips, hacksaws, stainless steel etc :huh: and waaaaaaay cheaper than buying one.

Go and buy a bread tin or similar from wilko, Make 3 holes, Hammerite it, stick some stainless hinges and a spring on ya plate make a hole in door, fasten tin in with method of your choice, attach plate, Roberts ya mothers brother or is it just me that sees that as being simpler than snips, hacksaws, stainless steel etc :huh: and waaaaaaay cheaper than buying one.
You only need a letterbox from B&Q

I can just see the ad now "one careful owner.... extras include pas, electric windows & letter box" /emoticons/biggrin.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I just cant see why people need to do this? Seems alot of hassel, All i do is bolt down my reels onto heavy wood, inside the van then use rectus21 and a flow valve on the end of the hose reel to dead end my pole, i take it you want to close the doors on the van when you work or put the reels on the floor outside the van? I find it far easier having my reels bolted down inside my van, so much easier to wind in too and saves all the back ache lifting the reels in and out the van, .I see some guys having no flow valves on the hose to be able to shut flow to the pole and having to walk all the way back to the van to shut of the water, Just use rectus21 and a flow valve! No need for all this radio controlled flow stoppers etc!

i use them rectus21, i have a few problems with leaks and drips. not from the hose but the connection and grit etc does sometimes get in

i use them rectus21, i have a few problems with leaks and drips. not from the hose but the connection and grit etc does sometimes get in
They can do if you drag them on the floor alot, i replace mine roughy twice a year. I used to use a quick realise belt clip and simply attach the flow valve to yourself to stop grit getting into them, but i did away with that idea in the end as its just as easy holding the flow valve in the hand, and its easier to give you that extra few feet if you havnt taken out enough hose from the van too. Some people bend the hose in half to stop the flow, its so easy to to attach a flow valve to the rectus21. Saves alot of water!

if i have cleaned a patio door and i need to rinse i normally just undo the rectus21 and spray the glass, it has its ups but i find to connect two hoses together it does snag on corner of buildings and drain covers etc.

picked the "letter-box"up today,must say initial impressions are very good,all stainless steel and i would say 2mm thick throughout,it weighs loads,the dimensions are around 19"x 5" on the outside,all folded and very nicely welded where it needs to be,overall very impressed with the quality.

its something you can take from van to van(the number plate covers the hole on the outside/new board on the inside and as good as new)as there is nothing really to ever go wrong with it so it would be a life-long investment,the weight of the flap closes the number plate flat down where it should be-its that heavy.

installation was straight forward around about an hour to do

i've only filled the tank up through it as yet-tommorrow is the test!

What letter box?

picked the "letter-box"up today,must say initial impressions are very good,all stainless steel and i would say 2mm thick throughout,it weighs loads,the dimensions are around 19"x 5" on the outside,all folded and very nicely welded where it needs to be,overall very impressed with the quality.its something you can take from van to van(the number plate covers the hole on the outside/new board on the inside and as good as new)as there is nothing really to ever go wrong with it so it would be a life-long investment,the weight of the flap closes the number plate flat down where it should be-its that heavy.

picked the "letter-box"up today,must say initial impressions are very good,all stainless steel and i would say 2mm thick throughout,it weighs loads,the dimensions are around 19"x 5" on the outside,all folded and very nicely welded where it needs to be,overall very impressed with the quality.its something you can take from van to van(the number plate covers the hole on the outside/new board on the inside and as good as new)as there is nothing really to ever go wrong with it so it would be a life-long investment,the weight of the flap closes the number plate flat down where it should be-its that heavy.

PICS kev lol

Haha lol where did you get that idea, lets see some pics

Back