Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Confused.com !

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yes because ROs usually only bring high ppm water down to single figures at best so the DI 'polishes' it down to 0ppm

no,theyre just different ways of making holy water!

basically di is instant pure water produced quickly but depending on your tds and how many litres you use you could burn through resin whereas an ro depending which you have as some produce more pure water quicker than others but generally theyre slower at making pure water than di's and some say they can get next to 0 ppm but most if set up right should take the ppm down to 0-10ish then you use the di to polish the water and take it to 0 ppm.

if your ppm isnt very high though you can use just a di if you like, like i am.

im going to use two 11 litre di bottles, might use a little bit more resin than someone who uses ro but i dont want to have a storing tank to produce water than have to transfer it into van, i just want to fill straight from the tap and di out of van, my ppm is only 70ppm so i should use loads of resin!

Thanks. So am i right in saying with an ro system the water gets purified as it entering the tank and with a di system when its leaving the tank ?
The r/o housing with filtration membrane has 3 connectors. The first is the inlet from the sediment and carbon block filters. The second is the waste outlet and the third is the pure outlet. As your membrane will remove between 94 and 98% of the dissolved solids in the water, you need a di vessel with resin in it to remove or 'polish off' the remainder to bring it down to zero.

We have a di vessel immediately after the r/o unit so the water gets polished off before it goes to our holding tank. Others put the di vessel in the van and polish the water off as they are washing windows.

The reason why we go di immediately after the r/o is that we bought 1 di rather than 3 (1 for each van). It also makes it easier to keep control of and as the di vessel is in the same enclosure as the r/o unit, it benefits from a control heated frost-free environment (2 of our 3 vans aren't heated during the winter at night).

Back