Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Finding the will power to move forward

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just get out there and do it

It is hard to get in the right frame of mind sometimes but i find getting out there with the tunes and cracking on works

If getting work is an issue get knocking doors and leafletting..nothing else you can do really

Pm me if you want some advice with regards to getting work

Last edited by a moderator:
I listen to motivational kinda music. We all got periods of lack of motivation . For me , keeping a stable bloodsugar is key to a good days work ! :thumbsup:

What's sapping your will power?

The work itself? Getting customers? Getting payment through? What are you finding a struggle?

I find if I really can't be bothered to work that day, I get an ebook to listen to for entertainment while I work. Also starting earlier with a set start time rain or shine can help motivation. There's nothing more depressing than getting off late then thinking "is there any point going out now today?" Then barely getting anything done.

I listen to motivational kinda music. We all got periods of lack of motivation . For me , keeping a stable bloodsugar is key to a good days work ! :thumbsup:
I listen to motivational music

A bit of old school jungle or some pantera will get you into the mood

I listen to motivational musicA bit of old school jungle or some pantera will get you into the mood
Motivational music lol reminds me of Jim Carey stand up when he was young.

Pantera - Cemetary Gates is my favourite

I am weird as i am just as happy listening to acid house or metal or anything in between cowboys feom hell is an excellent album

Can't beat tracks like cowboys from hell, cemetery gates, walk and this love

I have sensible hair now but my hair used to be long and shaved like Phil Anselmo when i was young and i am built more like him than a skinny runt

Thanks all for comments big help lads

I do find when out and in mood I feel like no stopping me now then the next day when nothing on I'm like am I doing the right thing lol. Keep swapping my mind lol.

Guess all takes time not a year In yet. Been out today priced up 5 jobs. 2 are a yes just waiting for others to get back to me.

I'm away next week so break probably coming at right time recharge my battery and go again for summer months.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I think you need a healthy balance when building a round. Some days I'll spend all day on the glass, then leaflet/canvass til 9pm. Other days when I'm really not feeling it, I'll take the day off if I'm not busy. It reminds me of why I wanted to be my own boss in the first place and, as daft as it sounds, I prefer to be either manic or lazy as hell. The days where you just have a few jobs are the worst because you have time for the doubts to start creeping in. Good luck mate, hope you find it worth sticking with

Think about what your life will be like once your really busy earning big wedge. Nice vehicle, holidays etc.

When your having a particularly bad day, wack on the greatest album ever made, the specials first album, then follow it with 'the lexicon of love' by ABC, and you'll be skipping along like a scouser on his way to the dole office :thumbsup:

Thanks all for comments big help lads
I do find when out and in mood I feel like no stopping me now then the next day when nothing on I'm like am I doing the right thing lol. Keep swapping my mind lol.

Guess all takes time not a year In yet. Been out today priced up 5 jobs. 2 are a yes just waiting for others to get back to me.

I'm away next week so break probably coming at right time recharge my battery and go again for summer months.

if I get like that ill play a game of "how many add ons can I get today and upsell gutters, conny roofs & internals. Then book them all in for 1 day. Breaks things up a bit, whilst making more £££. Or have a cuppa with a little old lady and ask how she is, 10mins of that will put things into perspective lol

Think about what your life will be like once your really busy earning big wedge. Nice vehicle, holidays etc.When your having a particularly bad day, wack on the greatest album ever made, the specials first album, then follow it with 'the lexicon of love' by ABC, and you'll be skipping along like a scouser on his way to the dole office :thumbsup:
What a quality album and made in fulham (the best is the west)

All records linked with Jerry Dammers are great

I can certainly say for sure getting a 9-5 office job certainly gets you missing the windows I did it /emoticons/sad.png.

Being motivated for me goes hand in hand with achieving. If you feel you are not achieving something or meeting a goal you feel less motivated and the cycle goes on.

When I hit these less motivated times I set smaller targets. (keep the big/main target in mind of course)

Settig smaller targets for a short time ensure s you will achieve them meaning you feel more accomplished and positive about what your doing. So you may have days with no work on so then think about what you can do instead go out knocking for more work, work on some online promotion again setting an achievable target. It's ensuring you hit that goal which will result in a better feeling.

Totally unrelated and personal to me but same principle. My stepson has sever autism. He was sent away at age 12 due to his selfharm. We went through a long phase of seeing no hope and all we could see was a bad day and him getting worse. We had no choice but to change our way of thinking to servive.

So each time instead of looking at the day as a whole and seeing it as all bad we had to focus on much smaller achievements. Not getting through a whole day without self harm but instead we got a smile today. He spoke today, he wanted to engage in an activity today even if for 2 minutes. He is now near us and doing well. But in those 4 years we learned a lot about keeping yourself going.

Moral of the story sometimes you have to look for and set goals you can achieve and take away a positive feeling.

Back