Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Country vs town

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Spit & polish

In my location i can go from built up areas to isolated villages pretty quickly got say i find leaflet dropping and canvassing a lot less effective in the country and after

do you do one offs as 1st question

the 2nd question how do you clean them? Pole .

Face pulled, "oh" and in 2 chases door shut! 2 and a bit days wasted.

So i'll stick suburbian from now on And they can have the aston and audi on the drive that they cant see as the windows are like old roll of film colour.

In my location i can go from built up areas to isolated villages pretty quickly got say i find leaflet dropping and canvassing a lot less effective in the country and after

do you do one offs as 1st question

the 2nd question how do you clean them? Pole .

Face pulled, "oh" and in 2 chases door shut! 2 and a bit days wasted.

So i'll stick suburbian from now on And they can have the aston and audi on the drive that they cant see as the windows are like old roll of film colour.
We only offer 4 or 8 weekly ware ever it is , rural stuff is priced higher due to travel time there and between jobs ,generally with us rural stuff is large Manor houses etc not small 4 bedders . 

Towns offer far more compact work but for us generally smaller properties, just price accordingly as both should pay well 

we don’t offer trad work for outside pole only 

Last edited by a moderator:
@Pjj i also only offer 4 or 8 weeks as stated on my leaflet, just seemed a different attitude as only had 2 say in town i'll need a window cleaner in spring i had a few say it here,

As it is more isolated i was planning on adding a few quid a house but didn't even get to a haggling stage! 

Tomorrow i'll do my work by 1ish and canvass till dark (back in the suburbs) so hopefully 2-5 new ones as an aim.

didn't even get to a haggling stage
Do you haggle on price???? I'm a noob but I give them my price and don't budget. I just give them the quote if it's not accepted I just leave it with them and say you have my contact details. Even as a noob, I've had 2 that said I was too expensive come back to me, 1 after a couple of weeks the other after about 2 months! 

Do you haggle on price???? I'm a noob but I give them my price and don't budget. I just give them the quote if it's not accepted I just leave it with them and say you have my contact details. Even as a noob, I've had 2 that said I was too expensive come back to me, 1 after a couple of weeks the other after about 2 months! 
Yes quite agree never haggle on price the price is the price take it or leave it , wether new or experienced.  

I dont haggle but i expect every x amount of customers to try to haggle with me.

If i buy an expensive tool for instance i haggle myself and normally save 10% just by asking, so expect others to ask. But no i don't haggle on windows

the trick to villages is perhaps get one or 2 in the village,be friendly to EVERYONE who walks/drives by....before long everyone will recognise you as a friendly chap,and word of  mouth will get you more work rhan canvassing because small villages are very clicky,friend to one,friend to all,upset one...well you get the idea

I makemore money on 12 quid semis than i do in the posher areas of town with big detacheds.

The bigger houses are more draining and more spread out

Give me 30 compact semis any day over 10 big uns spread about. I'll make more money and have an easier day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back