Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Current vac of choice?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Martyn

I'm currently in the market for a new vac system, our old one is pretty worn out though the motor unit is still fine.

So the question is which is currently the vac of choice?

I've been looking at GVS and my Son has been looking at Skyvac. From what I can see the Skyvac poles are lighter in weight but I imagine that also makes them more fragile? I do like the look of the cuff.

Either of the above? Or should I be looking at something else?

Can’t offer an opinion on the skyvac, but I’m impressed with my gvs 3000. The carbon poles are nice and light, and it’s plenty powerful enough. I generally only use 2 of the motors. 

I've got the Atom Sonic (2400watt) with the Elite poles and think its great, I (Lads working for me) have broken 2 pole's but spinaclean replaced instantly under warranty. I also got the clamped carbon/fibreglass hybrid poles with it and have decided the next set I buy will be these as they seem really robust and cheaper which is perfect for the lads!

I believe GVS are working on a Cuff - @Julia Martin might have some more info on it? Plus have you seen GVS vids on them standing on the carbon poles!!! Very impressive!
Just watching some of their vids now.  

I don't really want to fork out on a new set up at all but the universe seems to have decided to throw a lot of enquiries at us so I suppose I better had.

We have a skyvac interceptor it’s an awesome beast but not cheap their elite poles are good but at 50 feet plus are quite bendy compared to the carbon fibre tubes ones I had before . You do have to treat them with respect . I also have the rotating cuff from GVS @Julia Martin this is an awesome piece of kit and I would thoroughly recommend it , I don’t have any experience with their vacs but think their kit is good quality and I haven’t Hurd of any bad reports if I was after a mains powered vac I would certainly take a very good look at them they are a fair bit cheaper than skyvac stuff . Having said that skyvac ( spinner clean) customers service is second to none .  

I ran the skyvac 85 for a year. With the elite poles. I also carried around a generator to power it, as most of my customers were out and I was always worried about blowing the house electrics. The generator was 80kg and the skyvac is a lot bigger than you think!!! The elite poles and the cuff release were superb. The only downside to them (in my opinion) were that they felt so fragile, jobs were taking a lot longer than they should as I was constantly faffing about making sure I put the poles down gently and ensured they were spotless at the end of the day. I brought the 1700w panther (on a whim) with 30ft of aluminium poles, I can honestly say (for what I use it for) it’s every bit as useful as the skyvac and then some - yes it’s not as powerful but with a bit of experience and technique it’s removed massive lengths of turf, pine needles and chunks of moss - even at 30ft. I’ve since brought the mighty atom generator to power it - again, it’s a superb bit of kit. I actually prefer the aluminium poles, you can chuck  them about, lean them against walls, use bits of building as leverage. I sold my skyvac and generator a few weeks after buying the panther - and I’ve never regretted it one bit. 

I'm currently in the market for a new vac system, our old one is pretty worn out though the motor unit is still fine.

So the question is which is currently the vac of choice?

I've been looking at GVS and my Son has been looking at Skyvac. From what I can see the Skyvac poles are lighter in weight but I imagine that also makes them more fragile? I do like the look of the cuff.

Either of the above? Or should I be looking at something else?
I swear by Gutter vacuum systems, I have the 1700w panther with 30ft of alloy poles.

Check your local Facebook Marketplace, you may find a near new machine as so many new starters brought them and realised it's hard work or they couldn't manage 

I personally stand by buying new. Warranties service and working equipment that's not damaged or been hammered.

You'll get your money back in no time if you work hard 

I`m also looking at replacing my old guttervac. I`m very tempted by the mighty atom but also like the look of the GVS Panther.

I like the fact that on the atom you can blow aswell as suck. What do you guys think of the blow function? is it something you use regulary or is it a waste of time? and cant understand why the clamped poles are so much more expensive than the push fit poles. I was going to go for the push fit option but would be interested in your opinions on the clamped poles. Are they really worth the extra money?

I`m also looking at replacing my old guttervac. I`m very tempted by the mighty atom but also like the look of the GVS Panther.

I like the fact that on the atom you can blow aswell as suck. What do you guys think of the blow function? is it something you use regulary or is it a waste of time? and cant understand why the clamped poles are so much more expensive than the push fit poles. I was going to go for the push fit option but would be interested in your opinions on the clamped poles. Are they really worth the extra money?
Get yourself a panther 1700w for GVS 

The customer service and support from Julia & Mark is faultless.

Green looks way better than blue plus it doesn't look like a mass produced wet vac 

Sorry that's my personal opinion 

Last edited by a moderator:

The blow function is excellent, it saves a load of time as you just disconnect from the suck pipe and briefly stick it against the blow pipe, ? rather than lowering the poles.

I bought a new vac last February and when I was cleaning the vac out noticed a very small hole in the vac hose. Rang Spinaclean and they sent me a replacement with no questions, or photo proof. Told them on the Friday, new hose arrived Monday afternoon.

I have the interceptor and have only used the blow  function once , I think some use it for pine needles but I have never had any problems sucking them up , I personally feel the blow function makes a lot of mess that then needs cleaning up like dirty water on the outsides of white guttering then drips down onto windows etc just creating more work . @Part Timer has the same machine as me and does  a lot of gutters he might be able to give some advice . 

I was going to go for the push fit option but would be interested in your opinions on the clamped poles. Are they really worth the extra money?
Well we haven't used our clamped poles yet but one of the problems we had with our old poles was spinning, particularly at the head. We should be trying ours out this week but between the weather and my current health issues it might not happen.

Looking at the clamped poles there is a lot more work involved in manufacturing them beyond just adding a clamp so I can see why they are more expensive. The GVS ones look very well made, much better quality than our previous poles for sure.

Not designed to go to 50', states 40' max. Doubt very many people on here would go above 30' to be honest.
I spoke to Rob at spinner clean and he said that they don’t encourage inexperienced ones to work above 40 feet but he was happy to sell me a further 20 feet of poles due to experience but I wouldn’t want to go higher that 50 feet with them to be honest , but with the carbon fibre tubes  ones we did a couple of jobs at 60 and they are a lot more rigid and no bending , but clamped poles are much better that taper fit . I accept not many will want to go higher than 40 feet but it is useful to be able to go higher on some commercial jobs . 

I spoke to Rob at spinner clean and he said that they don’t encourage inexperienced ones to work above 40 feet but he was happy to sell me a further 20 feet of poles due to experience but I wouldn’t want to go higher that 50 feet with them to be honest , but with the carbon fibre tubes  ones we did a couple of jobs at 60 and they are a lot more rigid and no bending , but clamped poles are much better that taper fit . I accept not many will want to go higher than 40 feet but it is useful to be able to go higher on some commercial jobs . 
I spoke and asked his advice, he told me he'd worked at 50'. All I'd say was it must have been on a very still day. Tried it once, wouldn't do it again, unless there was no wind whatsoever.

I spoke and asked his advice, he told me he'd worked at 50'. All I'd say was it must have been on a very still day. Tried it once, wouldn't do it again, unless there was no wind whatsoever.
It wasn’t the wind that I found the problem it was the bend in the elite poles just supporting their own weight there was a curve on the pole and once you picked up a turf it was like having a shark on a fishing rod ??? carbon fibre tubes  poles were much stiffer and felt safer I constantly was afrade the poles were going to snap and that was at 50 feet , carbon fibre tubes  ones at 60 were far stiffer and virtually no bend felt solid and safe . 

When my current poles need replacing I will look at GVS poles I am very impressed with their yellow vac hose and rotating cuff the hose doesn’t  hold hardly  any dirt it all goes into the vac drum no idea why it’s so much better than any other I have used but it is excellent, the rotating cuff is a bit to big for the elite poles the base pole needs a few turns of insulation tape on it to fit snuggley  in the cuff but again it’s brilliant it takes all the strain off your wrists making the job so much easier especially on big high  commercial, did a job last week 375 meters at 35 -45 feet was an absolute doddle.

I have the sky vac elite poles, just 30 foot worth. I wouldn’t like to try them above 40 feet I imagine. I did a gutter clearance yesterday with them, pulling out a few heavy wet plants, and yeah the poles were bending a lot. But I love the way they’re so light & I’ll always choose clamps poles over push fit. 

I used to have push fit ones, I’d say at least two or three times a year I had to get a mate (or even a customer once) to meet me & help me pull the poles apart again. 

Vac wise I have the sky vac commercial 75, but with the upgraded head, triple motor 3300w. 

Latest Posts

Back