Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customer wants me back to clear gutters but his tiles go to far into the gutters .

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So your earning over a grand a day for clearing gutters?I very much doubt that.....maybe you should join CIU???
Change of plan, they want me to do a few more so down for 3 days. Let me say this, up to you to believe me or not. On Monday I have 3 jobs to do that grosses £900. Leave hotel at 7 be back by 3. On Tuesday I have 4 jobs to do, leave hotel 7.15 be back before 3, grosses £900. On Wednesday leave hotel 7.15, 1 gutter job to do, pays £1200 and 1 window cleaning job to do, only gets done once a year, pays £220 and takes 2 hours tops, should be done by 2 comfortably. I could actually do all of the gutter jobs in 2 days but if anyone looks they might think £3k in 2 days is a bit much, I also have the window job to do and then driving to London so no point getting to London midday Wednesday as can't start till 8am Thursday. Therefore I will gross £3220 in 3 easy days and out of this I have £500 wages, £120 diesel, £165 hotel and £100 for food and drink, netting me £2335. I wouldn't nett that in 3 weeks doing windows back home working those hours.

Change of plan, they want me to do a few more so down for 3 days. Let me say this, up to you to believe me or not. On Monday I have 3 jobs to do that grosses £900. Leave hotel at 7 be back by 3. On Tuesday I have 4 jobs to do, leave hotel 7.15 be back before 3, grosses £900. On Wednesday leave hotel 7.15, 1 gutter job to do, pays £1200 and 1 window cleaning job to do, only gets done once a year, pays £220 and takes 2 hours tops, should be done by 2 comfortably. I could actually do all of the gutter jobs in 2 days but if anyone looks they might think £3k in 2 days is a bit much, I also have the window job to do and then driving to London so no point getting to London midday Wednesday as can't start till 8am Thursday. Therefore I will gross £3220 in 3 easy days and out of this I have £500 wages, £120 diesel, £165 hotel and £100 for food and drink, netting me £2335. I wouldn't nett that in 3 weeks doing windows back home working those hours.
You don’t need to explain yourself those of us doing this type of work know what can be earnt in short days some just don’t want to believe it , because they cannot do it they think it cannot be done , next he will be saying he doesn’t like gutter work and prefers windows ??? there is far more money in gutters than any window cleaning and we have some very lucrative window contract s .

You don’t need to explain yourself those of us doing this type of work know what can be earnt in short days some just don’t want to believe it , because they cannot do it they think it cannot be done , next he will be saying he doesn’t like gutter work and prefers windows ??? there is far more money in gutters than any window cleaning and we have some very lucrative window contract s .
When someone virtually calls you a liar I feel it's right to put them straight. As I've said before I aim for a minimum of £50 per man hour so £100 an hour for me and my labourer. Count on 1 finger how many times I haven't comfortably achieved it. 

That's rubbish..100 quid for drink for you..you only drinking 1 night?

When someone virtually calls you a liar I feel it's right to put them straight. As I've said before I aim for a minimum of £50 per man hour so £100 an hour for me and my labourer. Count on 1 finger how many times I haven't comfortably achieved it. 
I agree with you and we are very similar to yourself but I have been called a liar as well , I don’t care wether people believe it or not but we wouldn’t drive 300 miles to London for £500-600 times theses figures between 2-3 times and you are getting nearer , I think it’s the green eyed monster with some ???. We do blocks of semi retirement flats for a firm that I have spoken to you about before 4 lots in Oxford area , and 3 lots in Chelsey and surrounding area , it’s a nice 3 days every 6 weeks Kerr  ching ??

That's why my best mate started a property management company a few years ago and now has an office here and an office oop north.

Get a lucrative gutter job and sub it out to locals for good profit.

Get a good softwash job and sub it out to me for less profit as I don't come cheap lol.

Lots of money to be made.

I agree with you and we are very similar to yourself but I have been called a liar as well , I don’t care wether people believe it or not but we wouldn’t drive 300 miles to London for £500-600 times theses figures between 2-3 times and you are getting nearer , I think it’s the green eyed monster with some ???. We do blocks of semi retirement flats for a firm that I have spoken to you about before 4 lots in Oxford area , and 3 lots in Chelsey and surrounding area , it’s a nice 3 days every 6 weeks Kerr  ching ??
Hope you're charging well in Chelsea. 

Was born and brought up round the corner (Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea)

Plenty money round there.

Been called a liar many times.. water off a ducks back lol.

£500 in 4 hrs softwashing house exterior.

Etc.. etc...

Don't let it bother you.

If people wanna just do windows for £30 an hour it's up to them??

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why my best mate started a property management company a few years ago and now has an office here and an office oop north.

Get a lucrative gutter job and sub it out to locals for good profit.

Get a good softwash job and sub it out to me for less profit as I don't come cheap lol.

Lots of money to be made.
I have been asked to price up a softwashing job in Chelsea problem is it’s 6 storey and huge I wouldn’t want to take it on so am speaking to someone who does  this kind of work if it comes off we will help them do it as Ime keen to learn on this size of building but wouldn’t want to take it on but would like to be involved , they would get the lions share of the money ,but me and my guys would like see how it’s done on this size of building . 

I have been asked to price up a softwashing job in Chelsea problem is it’s 6 storey and huge I wouldn’t want to take it on so am speaking to someone who does  this kind of work if it comes off we will help them do it as Ime keen to learn on this size of building but wouldn’t want to take it on but would like to be involved , they would get the lions share of the money ,but me and my guys would like see how it’s done on this size of building . 
Purple Rhino would cover that area I'm sure.. I know he did brent cross shopping centre in Hendon/Cricklewood area. 

Hope you're charging well in Chelsea. 

Was born and brought up round the corner (Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea)

Plenty money round there.

Been called a liar many times.. water off a ducks back lol.

£500 in 4 hrs softwashing house exterior.

Etc.. etc...

Don't let it bother you.

If people wanna just do windows for £30 an hour it's up to them??
We do work for a very large company with places all over the country , I was offered the contract for the lot , but it’s too big for me I think it would need 100 vans and 200 regular staff , it’s not for me been doing work for them for nearly 20 years and we pick the buildings that we want to do that’s why I chose oxford, Chelsea, Bath, Bristol, and a few other bits in between it’s a nice straight run up country  one van goes up the m5 the other up the m4 

We do work for a very large company with places all over the country , I was offered the contract for the lot , but it’s too big for me I think it would need 100 vans and 200 regular staff , it’s not for me been doing work for them for nearly 20 years and we pick the buildings that we want to do that’s why I chose oxford, Chelsea, Bath, Bristol, and a few other bits in between it’s a nice straight run up country  one van goes up the m5 the other up the m4 
I know your work is well paid for them but Clean It UK do their work up here, that must be because of price. 

wow!fair play to you!...i didnt know people could earn that sort of money for gutter clearing/window cleaning in a couple of days!

I know your work is well paid for them but Clean It UK do their work up here, that must be because of price. 
They offered me all the stuff around Newcastle , Sunderland, and Liverpool and Manchester but I didn’t bother looking at it as it’s to much and to far every 6 weeks , at the time Price wasn’t an issue they know my pricing , they were using a firm called RSS UK but they had nothing but problems with them so stoped using them , problem is if you loose a contract like that it’s a major hit it was a very high 6 figure sum , now it would be well into 7 figure sums I didn’t want to expand the business to the size it would have needed to be  to take it all on far to stressful and doubt I could have afforded to set it all up . 

I must admit it does sound intrigueing. I guess they might use scaffold to deal with the higher storeys.

I must admit it does sound intrigueing. I guess they might use scaffold to deal with the higher storeys.
They are looking at cherry pickers for some of it and scaffolding for some of the back of the building it’s going to be an expensive job and tons of paper work ????cordons to enter and exit the building and tented doorways to protect the residents all very complex , bit different from doing a 4 bed detached house ??

Back