Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many trad cloths worth buying?

slippy

2 days worth then can do all in one wash. I have 5 scrims, 12 micro fibres. (All for detailing.) And more than that in sill cloths- lots of the little micro fibres from B and Q for sills which soak up the dirt. This isn't enough detailing cloths, is it?

It depends how much you need to detail

I was wfp tops and tradding bottoms all last week and honestly only used 1 detailing cloth (wilkos glass cloth)

If you are detailing more then try 2 cloths and leave 1 to dry on the dashboard while using the other and swap when needed so you always have 1 of them dry

I use a lot of little sill cloths as i will just chuck it in the motor and get a new one once it gets grubby/wet

Asda sell a 1 kilo box of microfibre in the motoring section for £7 which is 35 cloths

Perfect for sill cloths

10 scrims, and 20 sill cloths minimum if you are full time trad imo. Save all the dirty ones up and bung them in one wash together when you get down to your last few.

I used the same microfibre from last week today and swapping it tomorrow

This 0 detailing lark is good

I must be rubbish at squeegeeing as I will get through one scrim detailing a bungalow. I thought leaving a microfiber or scrim to dry to use a gain wasn't good as it had absorbed all the fairy liquid and needed a wash before drying and using again.

I use a lot of scrims and sill cloths every time I trad. Radiators full of drying cloths. My wife tells me I go overboard, but thats just me. Much prefer wfp saves the washing bill.

We have about 30 cotton cloths (baby diapers). With a lot of indoor work we can use up to 20 a day, other days we get by with a couple.

I like having a lot so I can wash and tumble dry a full machine when needed.

We have about 30 cotton cloths (baby diapers). With a lot of indoor work we can use up to 20 a day, other days we get by with a couple.
I like having a lot so I can wash and tumble dry a full machine when needed.

Just let them pile up for a couple of weeks I guess! Then do one big wash

I haven't got time to dry the micro fibres etc on the line, I know tumble dryers are supposed to damage the microfibers but I will risk it at the laundrette and wash them on the coolest temperature!

Personally i never ride with under 20 a Day . Know its high , but i Like to detail and clean up a lot . When wifeys working along its at least 30 ,as shes a monster cloth-waster ....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock