Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Death of a Gardiners Extreme

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So have you tried what I’ve already suggested?

So have you tried what I’ve already suggested?

no and I won’t be is what I’m saying. The male thread is barely existing as it is due to me originally over tightening the swivel back when I got it, the next time I take the connection off it probably won’t go back on so it will in turn need to be replaced. I’m upgrading the reel soon anyway so no worries 

I’ll send a new brass swivel elbow to you so when you change reels you’ve got it to hand. 

I’ll send a new brass swivel elbow to you so when you change reels you’ve got it to hand. 

Not to worry Alex because the next reel will have a barbed connection. Just stuck wether to wait for the new water works or to go for the grippa reel

Ok - we will put a credit on your account to the value of a new swivel elbow ?

Just been on your account to sort this - is this the one you bought back in 

March 2017? I can’t find a more recent order.  I will then know where to record the credit. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not seen any reviews, but spot-lite from cleaning spot? Or maybe @tench0771 could advise, he tends to buy different poles
my extreme is coming up 6 months old and it has a lot of were but i have a trick up my sleve the most were is coming from the clamp end of the section when the pole is used for ground flore work, so as soon as it hits 6 months ill put a load of grilla tape on the worn area of each section this will add a inch on each section so the pole when working on ground flore will be longer a inch per section , this means u then clamp on fresh carbon just above the tape, as for the other end insted of clamping on the red ill clamp on the black carbon insted just above the red bit, this will give me another 6 months of use on the pole wich i am happy to replace every 12 months ,in the pic above the section has snaped on the red bit so its a easy fix just cut off the cracked edge sand smove stop tape it and its back to working order again,the only down side is it will be a inch or to shorter , as for other poles bladeright sell the boss poles ive hurd there as stiff and stronger then the extreme poles and about the same waight, im wating on a review on my friends pheonix x as im thinking about trying the neon pole next as i like to try different  gear, i had a bad exprence with the old pheonix x years ago it only lasted 8 months but aparntly the new version is ment to be a harder carbon and clamp to stop exseve were  so fingers crossed his lasts ,ill defo look forwould to reviewing a neon its a ich ive wanted to scrach for a wile now, all in all ive been happy with my extreme so far but its still early days 

We've always been a loyal fan of gardiners. In recent times we had a pole clamp snap. Emailed in and was told no worries, it's 6 weeks old so will send a new clamp. Clamp was sent, signed for by Mr nobody never to be seen. Rung up and was told its down to the delivery company. Said delivery comes out and says he gave it to someone, doesn't know who...just someone. Back to gardiners to be told that they've sent one replacement and the delivery company won't accept the loss so if we want the spare part to repair our pole we have to pay for it. Certainly makes me concerned as if we had a new extreme in the package and the delivery company loses it do we lay out hundreds a second time?

Then ordered a flow meter for our RO. turns our despite 13L at the tap we have just under 3L going through the RO. Get a short & sharp reply of though love, nothing can be done. After explaining its brand new literally just out the box I get the offer of return at my cost and subject to it being resold I'll get my refund!? Sadly this has made me buy a flow meter from elsewhere.

After making the order I realised I needed another bit and didn't fancy another huge postage bill so rang to ask for the part to be added. Of course leave a message. While out working I get a missed call due to poor signal. Ring back, only to have to leave another message. Another missed call back to me due to signal so I resort to good old email. Finally a call comes back when I had signal so I could answer and speak to someone. Surely something better can be done when you either get cut off or need to return a call? A special code to get straight through to someone or such to save many calls back and forth each time with us having to leave a message?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

As we all know, there’s no perfect company. You’re in dream world if you think there is one. But there are of course some companies better than others, and for me Gardiner ticks most of the boxes. 

I think you must have misunderstood my previous instructions. The leak is not coming from where the brass swivel screws onto the hose reel. The leak appears to be coming from the middle shaft that is fitted into the male plug shaft. To tighten this, undo the whole brass fitting from the hose reel and inside you will see the middle shaft has a hex shape. It is into this you will need to fix a large hex key and tighten. This should stop the leak quickly and simply. The fitting can then be put back on the hose reel. 

If it doesn’t stop the leak, then you can undo this hex key part, put a little PTFE tape in the brass thread and reassemble with the hex key. You do not need to use PTFE tape on the male thread on the side of the hose reel as the brass fitting has a rubber seal which makes a water tight seal. 

If these quick fixes do not stop the leak then please get back to me via email and we could sort a replacement. 
I've had many of those brass swivel elbows over the years and they all leak eventually regardless of who the distributor is. Good to know how to make them last a bit longer though

gardners have allways been good with me i have had issue with wcw tho on a few orders ,purefreedom also messed me about on a order i ordered over £100 worth of connecters and other bits and bobs but only a quater of my order turned up i then had to fone and they were not very good to deal with got my stuff in the end took ages tho ,the best compny ive delt with is the cleaning werehouse  

Ive got a very funny & overall excellent story about a wcw delivery recently. I’m just gonna wait before I say anything in case they get in to contact with me. Are they on here do you know? 

i must have struck lucky :1f602: i do pefer ordering from cleaningwerehouse i had trouble with my back pack i got off scott denning he said to call them so i did and they sent me a new flow controler no kwibles at all cant groumble at all with that there were realy nice to 

I never really looked into reviews much before I started ordering kit. I saw the Gardiners name banded about quite a bit and they seemed alright so I use them for the bulk of my stuff. Further down the line I have come to realise that every company that supplies window cleaning gear has issues. I have never had an issue with WCW but so many people have I just count myself as lucky. It is a shame there isn't a perfect solution out there but Gardiners are probably the highest rated company in the industry. Reading these posts and the little problems that are mounting up for people it wouldn't take much for a competitor to come in and overtake them.

I think Darren made a very fair comment that he will continue to be an advocate of the brand but will expand his horizons and look at other poles when he next purchases.

My little issue with the stop valve hasn't stopped me from ordering again, in fact I replaced it with another stop valve and 2 giant protectaballs from Gardiners. @Jordiebarrett there is a simple answer to your worry about expensive orders, pay for everything with PayPal or on a credit card, if you did order an expensive item and mr nobody signed for it you have the protection of either to back you up. I have to accept that there is a lot of truth in what they said to me, of course it has been on the floor, and bouncing around the van a bit too, it is what is it is and my item was a tenner not hundreds like the pole that started this thread off!

Last edited by a moderator:
it is what is it is and my item was a tenner not hundreds like the pole that started this thread off!
For me the value of the offending item is not the issue more the principal of the matter.  

@Alex Gardiner has of course stepped up and offered to have the pole returned to him for his personal inspection and review of decisions made.  What more could one hope for?  

I have however concluded that I will trim down the offending section so I can continue using it for now and order a replacement section in due time should my 'repairs' prove flawed.  

I do still believe the Extreme range to be of outstanding quality and a dream to use, however, as I am now eighty percent 'off the tools' and have gone the route of employees I do think that I cant justify £700 plus on equipment that they may not have the same vested interest in looking after as I do so they will be furnished with SLX poles as a compromise.  

Yes there are a myriad of choices out there to compare with the SLX pole but it's not just the pole, it's the whole 'system' goose-necks, swivel adaptors, quick loc parts, brushes and so on that still make Gardiners a premier choice. 

Yes I shall attend the show in September but only as I feel my overall views of the industry as a whole may have become a little stale so a look at what's happening may not only refresh my thinking but also reinvigorate my slightly waning drive.  

Been using Gardiners for many years, The girl in the office was very patient with me when I first started and had lots of questions.

Never had a problem and always recommend them.

If this doesn't get me some discount I don't know what will ;-).

Gardiners all the way for me. I had a delivery last week and a T piece was broken. No big deal as it's only a couple of quid to buy. I took a picture of it and emailed it to them. A replacement is in the post. Can't say fairer than that ?

P.S. I think Mr G is ace. What would the industry do without him?

Gardiners all the way for me. I had a delivery last week and a T piece was broken. No big deal as it's only a couple of quid to buy. I took a picture of it and emailed it to them. A replacement is in the post. Can't say fairer than that ?

^^^ WTF happened there? 

If he’s still rockin’ the tache, why go elsewhere?

I wonder how many transactions they do and what their percentage growth is, over the last few years?

It’ll be impossible to please everyone all the time. At least Mr G will take any issues head on.

the pens are still ****.

Latest Posts

Back