Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Decking Ladder Stay Gadget

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ankalad looks great, if I was doing lots of gutters and tall connie roofs I would get one. Probably over 95% of my work is trad window cleaning and it looks like a bit of a ball ache to keep moving around.
i thought that until i took smurfs advice and got one

use it daily and you don't notice it on the ladder

No more walking back to the motor for your gadgets

@Smurf does the Ankalad stay attached to the ladder all the time or do you disassemble it to put the ladder back on the van?
It just folds down the sides of the stiles so is always there when needed

I always use it on gravel and decking and gutter jobs

Takes 20 seconds to deploy and the same to put away. .time well spent imo

I ordered the Laddemat Footee gizmo yesterday (Only £12.99) but have spent today thinking it's only £100 for the stabiliser and if its as good as it looks, it will take the stress out of setting up the ladder on decking whilst doing gutter cleans.

So I will order one tonight.

Thanks for the advice guys.

The aluminium decking ladder stops shown in the first picture are excellent. Yes they fit in the decking grooves & don't move. On decking laid longways you turn them round & the spikes stop you slipping. I've used em for 3 years now & have not slipped once. Also brilliant on grass.

Nice one :thumbsup:

Just remember it will only fit a standard 9 rung ladders or longer

I would also recommend a microlite standoff too

I will put it on my 15 rung double, as thats the one I use at the moment for gutters/fascia. I will in a few weeks be getting a triple but I'm not sure what size as of yet. This will replace both my 15 and 11 rung ladders. I thought it would be better to carry one instead of two.

I have a standard stand off at the moment, but your advice is appreciated @Smurf.

I use mine a lot free standing away from the guttering for conservatory roof cleaning and accessing ground floor flat roofs etc

I ordered mine from Lansford Access Ltd last night and have had an email today saying that it will be delivered tomorrow.

I'm impressed with that.

Is ankalad sorted mate?
No, I have no where under cover to work on it and here currently it is very wet and windy. I may be forced to sneak the ladder indoors when the wife and more importantly the children go out later, and fit it then.

Ankalad is fitted. It looks really good and although the real test will be a large gutter job (Thats on Saturday) I have played with it on the drive and it is impressive. Looks really useful for conservatory roofs etc.

Back