Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DI & RO setup query

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AccyMark

I'm in the process of getting the bits together to put a DIY reach and wash setup together. Tested the water supply at home and getting a (seemingly) fairly low reading of 38-39ppm. I'm looking at RO systems and can see that some have a DI filter as well as the usual filters. Knowing that a lot of wfp cleaners put the water through a separate DI vessel after the RO system, am I going to need the separate DI vessel with that sort of reading? Or will it be more cost effective to use a 4-5 stage RO system with the DI filter on it? Or is it a case that the DI vessel is always needed no matter how low the ppm reading your starting with?

100% agree, dont waste you money on an RO if your tds is under 40, just get a bigish DI unit and run it through there, probably wont even need a booster pump
Thanks for the advice. Follow up question, apart from changing resin less frequently, is there any other advantage to using a bigger DI vessel rather than a smaller one?

I'm in the process of getting the bits together to put a DIY reach and wash setup together. Tested the water supply at home and getting a (seemingly) fairly low reading of 38-39ppm. I'm looking at RO systems and can see that some have a DI filter as well as the usual filters. Knowing that a lot of wfp cleaners put the water through a separate DI vessel after the RO system, am I going to need the separate DI vessel with that sort of reading? Or will it be more cost effective to use a 4-5 stage RO system with the DI filter on it? Or is it a case that the DI vessel is always needed no matter how low the ppm reading your starting with?
Just be certain that the TDS tester you are using is a calibrated and reputable one before going shopping. If you tds is as quoted I'd recommend 2x 10" prefilters 1x 5 micron sediment filter 1x carbon block filter and 2x 11ltr Quality di vessels using the best resin available and not the cheapest 

Latest Posts

Back