Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DI vessel and TDS

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cool. Cheers guys.

Currently running 2 x 20" pre filters, 40" RO and a 6.9L DI. Up until recently had a 20" RO. Which gave a high amount of waste (75/25). And a TDS of 14 from a starting point of 205. Now I'm getting a TDS after RO of 1 and waste to pure is 55/45. So going to replace DI with a 4.6L vessel. 6.9L now seems overkill. Plus I can just order in a 5kg bag of resin when I need it. Rather than having a 25kg bag sat opened (but sealed) in the garage becoming less effective over time.

Appreciate your numbers guys. Cheers.

Cool. Cheers guys.

Currently running 2 x 20" pre filters, 40" RO and a 6.9L DI. Up until recently had a 20" RO. Which gave a high amount of waste (75/25). And a TDS of 14 from a starting point of 205. Now I'm getting a TDS after RO of 1 and waste to pure is 55/45. So going to replace DI with a 4.6L vessel. 6.9L now seems overkill. Plus I can just order in a 5kg bag of resin when I need it. Rather than having a 25kg bag sat opened (but sealed) in the garage becoming less effective over time.

Appreciate your numbers guys. Cheers.
001 ppm output with TDS 205? What membrane do you have?

Not sure exactly! But I'll find my invoice and reply. Got it from Pure Freedom but theres no label or any kind of identification on it. Absolute quality though! Very consistent.

It is also going through a booster pump (fitted with new RO). My water pressure is 50psi but got the booster set at 100psi.

I've always changed my pre filters at 13 weeks. But now change at around 11 weeks - as the TDS changes (consistently) from 1 to 2. Its a great reminder to have! 

.... or what tds meter have you got?
HM digital DM-1 dual inline. 

Plus a standard handheld TDS meter. 

I check the TDS of my tap water (Ave 200ppm) with handheld each fill up. And between RO/DI and after DI using the inline.

I've just filled up and again (tap TDS 151). And same numbers as normal (001ppm between RO/DI and 000ppm after DI). Double checked with handheld and got exactly the same numbers.

My invoice simply states 'Pure Freedom branded 40" membrane'. 

HM digital DM-1 dual inline. 

Plus a standard handheld TDS meter. 

I check the TDS of my tap water (Ave 200ppm) with handheld each fill up. And between RO/DI and after DI using the inline.

I've just filled up and again (tap TDS 151). And same numbers as normal (001ppm between RO/DI and 000ppm after DI). Double checked with handheld and got exactly the same numbers.

My invoice simply states 'Pure Freedom branded 40" membrane'. 
With tap 151 that makes sense as membranes can take out 99%. Axeon membranes now also have improved to 99% rejection rate.

It's low at the minute. Usually around 200. Sometimes as high as 270 and as low as 140 (always seems to be lower after lots of rain!). But since I've had the new RO and booster the only time it budges from 001ppm is when the pre-filters are at around 11 weeks and it goes up to 002ppm. 

So I'll swap my DI vessel for a smaller one and save a few quid!

Latest Posts

Back