Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting Wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Pepe

Been and bought a wfp system today from pure freedom trollyy type . I have been trad. W. Cleaner for 28 years.need some tips on do,s and don't any info would be greatly appreciate.

Search YouTube for stuff like waterfed, hydrophilic glass & also the video & tips section here.

Main thing is to take your time on first time clean with wfp so you don't get customers put off with new method. In long term you'll be able to work faster.

Depending on how anal you want to be, personally i would clean all the frames on all the windows first then head back and do the glass.

That way you should ensure no streaks.

The other thing is anybstreaking problems tend to be that the user just hasnt rinsed enough (assuming the tds is 0)

As rice said, take your time bud, the speed will come in time.

Would be good if you could keep us updated on how you get on using wfp as I'm interested in getting started with it in the near future also?

Been and bought a wfp system today from pure freedom trollyy type . I have been trad. W. Cleaner for 28 years.need some tips on do,s and don't any info would be greatly appreciate.
Have you got your pure water set up in place? Got enough barrels (I have a load of 25L barrels doing nothing if you're local to me), pole, it can be a ball ache pulling a trolley with one hand and a pole in the other, keep an eye on the battery charge, judge how much water you are using per house, it can be a pain running out of water when you're round the back of a house.

You'll ache to begin with, try to stay relaxed, easier said than done.

Change from left to right or vice versa every now and again, it just takes the pressure off same arm, shoulder.

One thing you can be sure of is after you've been at wfp a couple of months the thought of using ladders for 8 hour days will send a chill down you :Image1:

I've been with it since beginning of June, and to start with it was taking longer than my usual trad hourly day, because of frame cleaning and spending a lot of time rinsing.

But now work that would take me 8 till 3 trad, I can now get done by 1

2 hours knocked off most days.

Take your time for those first few months, find your feet, and the rewards will come.

The hose will get caught on just about everything, not even wfp is perfect :Image11:

Good luck.

rs2315.

Would be good if you could keep us updated on how you get on using wfp as I'm interested in getting started with it in the near future also?
Come out with me for a day and you can get a feel for things..

The future of window cleaning vids on youtube were a big help for me, Perry explains things well for the beginner.

However, you can't beat getting out there and giving it all try. Take belfast up on his offer if you can, that's really kind of him. Thankfully I had a mate who did the same for me.

Clean your own windows a few times trying different methods. You'll learn as you go.

Enjoy!

All ready cleaned the PVC by hand that was hard pure water up and running think I will get booster pump barrels sorted

I started wfp 4mths ago been trad for 20 years ,at first its slow and u seem to spend ages and costumer will come out saying its slower than ladders but keep with it im 4 mths in on some of my work and now im getting the benifit and dont use ladders ,all costomers were fine i explained how it works and to give it time and the biggest reason safty ,now they r use to it and love ther frames all cleaned,i started with a trolly but soon went to van i found it easier and u soon learn wher to put ur hose and wher to walk so it doesnt snag ,get a light pole makes a diff ,because its slow at first i use to wfp in the morn and then trad in afternoon so i could still earn good money and then as i got quicker i wfp all day .i found i was spending to long scrubbing and rinsing because i didnt want people complaining but dont do tht now .

i found i was spending to long scrubbing and rinsing because i didnt want people complaining but dont do tht now .
I know that feeling, I have just started and have a good number of new customers who haven't been cleaned for a long time. I'm making sure that I get every bit of filth out from above the frames and getting the frames cleaned etc. On ground floor windows I even have the scraper out for paint and varnish flecks. I know that it is taking me at least twice as long as it should to get around these customers and as annoying as I find that I know that next month will be way quicker and I'll be home for dinner /emoticons/smile.png

Back