Difference in price

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by mark m, Apr 9, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mark m

mark m Hero

We all seem to charge different prices for cleaning windows
    ie i charge £15- £18 3 bed semi house in a different thread i see some of you charge as little as £6.00 i dont think i am that well off i seem to charge the same if not less than some of the others near me so i am thinking cost of living must be a huge difference
    in my local pub fosters cost £3.90 a pint ,council tax £3200 a year

Advertisement
  2. Ryan

Ryan Guest

My prices range realy but i seem to charge

depends on the area tbh mate dont it

it expensive to live anywhere

my average price seems to be £8-10-12 got some around 15-20 and some at 5

3. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

How much are 20 cigarettes where you are? It prob is the cost of living just in your area or over the water? I haven't been to the bar in ages but think a pint is about £3

Our rates are £500 odd a year!! Closer to the town would be alot higher just about a mile away it's £800+

4. mark m

mark m Hero

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-31492555.html/svr/3116;jsessionid=4545FB333F2261FE8A29528DA8360951

This is one of mine that has come on the market in burton bradstock where i live in last few weeks i charge £10.00

5. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Yes £10-£12... Half a mill house they would have it!![hr]
    http://www.propertynews.com/touch/brochure?p=PWCPWC2449&s=194310699&page=

£7

http://www.propertynews.com/touch/brochure?p=CPBCPB3736&s=194311138&page=

£4 ( I want them up to £5!! )

6. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

The differences between window cleaners have a bigger impact on net profit or the prices than any other factor that I have come across.

Writing a book involved a lot of research and talking to a lot of window cleaners, and I can assure you - it’s the ‘window cleaner’ that makes the difference.

If you take any 100 window cleaners you will always have 20% at the top in terms of net profit and at the other end 20% who are at the bottom.

Overall turnover can be misleading; I have met part time wfp cleaners who make more net profit than full time wfp window cleaners, and trad cleaners who do the same, making more money than some window cleaners using wfp.

Richard

7. mark m

mark m Hero

Answer you phone it keeps going onto orange answerphone or give me a ring

8. beaver0_15

beaver0_15 Active Member

a guy i know that lives in bradford has just told me he gets his semi cleaned (not sure whether its 2 or 3 bed) for £3

9. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

You will get those £3 prices in every town, city and village in the UK. Those prices only exist because the window cleaner is willing to work for that amount.

As you build your round you need to go where the money is; there’s little point in getting your round to a £20 minimum charge then go looking for more work in a local authority housing area.

Richard

10. Ryan

Ryan Guest

ya thay used to do my street for £5 a house last year i charge £8-10 a house

but them £5 guys are only around for 2/3 months a year so make us good guys look expensive but most people around me are happy with £10 tbh

Advertisement