Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Disappointed with wagtail slimline flipper

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I use 3 sizes, 14" for upstairs....10" for downstairs but can also use the 14 on patio doors. and a 6" for narrow and small windows. I have modified the heads by using a vikan scrubber mop peeled back a layer at the back and fixed onto the channel by using pond pump black pipe with a slot cut in it lengthways to hold on the cloth firmly and then clamped with plastic clips used for holding pipe on cars, just fits and tightens the pond pipe. I use standard microfibre wagtail blue pads for the 10 and the 6 with the same clips.
Thanks for the reply.

If you had the choice and you could only carry on size channel for all your work, which size channel would you choose 14,10 or 6?

Blimey, is that the Wagga of YouTube fame? Welcome!
No, I saw his video's he was a big encouragement to me in doing wagtail, but I have been doing wagtail for a long time now.

Thanks for the reply.

If you had the choice and you could only carry on size channel for all your work, which size channel would you choose 14,10 or 6?
10. and I would just spray and buff the small ones.

Really not happy with the wagtail! Got delivered today and I just can't get used to it, it's jumping around the glass, missing bits, can't get a perfect window at all!!!

With my liquidators I'm doing no detailing at all and it's easy work,

I'm finding the wagtail is aching my wrist, and just isn't doing a nice job at all?

Is it just because I need to get used to it?

It's so jumpy, even after changing the rubber,

I've also dog eared it and still getting loads of detailing...

Really frustrating!!
Just use a traditional fixed blade squeegee mate, forget the gimmicky over engineered and you'll not have any issues 

I use 3 sizes, 14" for upstairs....10" for downstairs but can also use the 14 on patio doors. and a 6" for narrow and small windows. I have modified the heads by using a vikan scrubber mop peeled back a layer at the back and fixed onto the channel by using pond pump black pipe with a slot cut in it lengthways to hold on the cloth firmly and then clamped with plastic clips used for holding pipe on cars, just fits and tightens the pond pipe. I use standard microfibre wagtail blue pads for the 10 and the 6 with the same clips. I have also added another arm at the top of the pole with a microfibre cloth (attached by velcro) for tidying up the top of the window. Latest addition is the sill brush which cleans the sills downstairs so that your microfibre cloth lasts longer for mopping up. Sometimes the brush is enough.

View attachment 22227

View attachment 22228

View attachment 22229

View attachment 22230
Great mods @Wagger?. Some of my work I use Wagtail for. I’m not completely used to the flipper yet, but wow the high flyer is absolutely amazing. 

Latest Posts

Back