Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ditch new customer?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

True. But when I quote someone £12 and they were expecting £6 and you can hear them gasping already telling them the first clean will be £24 seems far too ambitious lol
I guess I'm really lucky down here in the south, I can't remember the last time I did a new job below £15 lol

IMO (and just my opinion)

There are only two prices.

One off clean prices and maintanance clean prices.

The firsr clean should always be a one off cleaning price and this is what I now charge.

The ongoing maintanance clean price is for just that maintanance cleans.

First cleans for me are a matter of getting the windows and frames minty so when I call next month they are a doddle to maintain.

If the customer baulks at the price then cest la vie, just move on.

The biggest key to the higher value jobs (IMO) is only give quotes in person. Not via text or FB or whatever. In person you impart yourself on them and give a good idea of exactly what you can do and provide for them.

'Yeah, thats going to be £20 every 4 week luv and the first clean charge is £45'

Sent through a FB text aint going to impress too well.

Unless people insist on a quote I always do first cleans on an hourly rate, and people find that fair. They know what my rate is, and pay for my time. If it's dirty it'll take longer, and I'll get paid more.

Then with the bill I give them a quote for a regular clean. I usually knock off about 10£ or so. They get a good discount, and I can probably do the house in half the time because I now know the place, so a good deal for me too.

Yeah doubling up is risky if you don't get the enquiries. I just hate...HATE..... getting a custy drop me after the first dirty clean! Worst thing ever
In all fairness, you start to get a feeling if someone is going to drop you after the first one. Act accordingly.

In all fairness, you start to get a feeling if someone is going to drop you after the first one. Act accordingly.
It's just not worth the risk IMO, I get 65% of first clean prices, so for me the others can do one.

It's just not worth the risk IMO, I get 65% of first clean prices, so for me the others can do one.
Yeah that's what I mean, charge first clean prices everytime. But if I get the feeling they'll go after one clean, then I'll charge more than double the first time, to get me just reward!

Back