Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DIY van pictures

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jimmybob2614

Hey guys, I'm now waiting on delivery of a 650L flat tank with a frame, and will be getting this bolted in. 

I had an IBC tank which I was told was OK but obviously not so I have a new one on the way. 

I currently have my RO and pre filters on the side of the tank with cable ties and DI on the floor. My pump and controller is also on the side of the tank cable tied to the cage.

I'd like to keep the new tank free of stuff on the sides and just looking for recommendations as to how/where to mount the RO, booster pump, DI, pump and controller.

I have a normal size vivaro so you know the sort of space Im working with.

Any input and specifically pictures will be great.

Thank you 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I'm now waiting on delivery of a 650L flat tank with a frame, and will be getting this bolted in. 

I had an IBC tank which I was told was OK but obviously not so I have a new one on the way. 

I currently have my RO and pre filters on the side of the tank with cable ties and DI on the floor. My pump and controller is also on the side of the tank cable tied to the cage.

I'd like to keep the new tank free of stuff on the sides and just looking for recommendations as to how/where to mount the RO, booster pump, DI, pump and controller.

I have a normal size vivaro so you know the sort of space Im working with.

Any input and specifically pictures will be great.

Thank you 
Lose the cable ties and use solid fixings.

The obvious route is to ply line your van internally. Also insulation helps in summer and winter

If you ply line your van you can add a thicker panel of ply or chipboard behind it and use as a mounting substrate.

Or build an aluminium bracket or use unistrut with nuts, bolts, rivnuts or self tapping roof panel screws 

It really isn't that tricky and problem solving and innovation helps massively.

Tesco chopping boards are great for a multitude of fitting applications, Munsun rings, soil pipe brackets & flue brackets are great for DI's RO's or supplier specfic brands are available.

20220109_205130.jpg

20220109_205158.jpg

20220109_205149.jpg

20220109_205141.jpg

20220109_205120.jpg

20220109_205109.jpg

Unistrut down the sides is a great idea for securing things against it. Did you use rivnuts to attach it?

Have to start thinking about that myself.

Unistrut down the sides is a great idea for securing things against it. Did you use rivnuts to attach it?

Have to start thinking about that myself.
I removed and sold the Bott van internal shelving system but purchased the profile kit which builds out the side body strengtheners and marked out and hex rivnutted everything In place with M6 machine screws and then added the Unistrut 

Just use penny washers and roofing screws, quicker cheaper and does the job 

Custom design isolator switches 

One is power to the spring V16 and the other is to switch to wireless remote control function 
Also a secondary battery level indicator voltage display for my additional auxiliary circuit for beacons and work lights that's not connected to a V16 

Thank you for the information. I am beginning to think I should have some kind of isolator for my controller. 
It's not necessary but I've never been without and just like to be 100% certain i have zero DC current drain on my batteries.

A simple 10A rated toggle switch like mine with missile cover is great or a bigger bulky surface mounted DC battery isolation switch will do 

Latest Posts

Back