Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do these numbers seem right?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jimmybob2614

Hi, I've recently changed my RO, I also changed my pre filters and resin at the same time as they were almost needing to be so figured I'd do it all together.

Anyway, my tap water is around 450ppm, for the first 5 minutes or so of making water it's coming out (pure) starting around 20 before going down to 0 gradually, is this normal, I assume its just the RO getting up to full efficiency or something? It sits at 0 once it's there and doesn't go back up.

The water coming from the RO itself is around 12-14 so the resin is doing relatively little work.

Im using a booster pump by the way, just checking this all seems normal 

Cheers bud, it's connected with a hozelock with the flow stop so will get that changed over soon and do so. You reckon run it for a few minutes then check the TDS before plugging it into the DI?

How do I turn it off properly by the way? When I disconnect the hose the water comes back through the system and out of the hose I connect to the tap 

How do I turn it off properly by the way? When I disconnect the hose the water comes back through the system and out of the hose I connect to the tap 
There's no real way to turn it off mate. If you're not sending water through the system it's off per se but if there's a build up of pressure in the vessel it will allow water to flow back out. You don't need to remove the connection from the vessel when turning it off.

I have fitted a two way valve on the out section of my RO. It has a tap on each, one leads to the drain, the other leads to the vessels. I close the one to the vessels and open the one to the drain, once the TDS has dropped enough I open the one to the vessels and close the one to the drain. None of this unplugging etc but using a tank to crack a nut some would say.

On top of what PT suggested try giving the vessel a good shake too.

There's no real way to turn it off mate. If you're not sending water through the system it's off per se but if there's a build up of pressure in the vessel it will allow water to flow back out. You don't need to remove the connection from the vessel when turning it off.

I have fitted a two way valve on the out section of my RO. It has a tap on each, one leads to the drain, the other leads to the vessels. I close the one to the vessels and open the one to the drain, once the TDS has dropped enough I open the one to the vessels and close the one to the drain. None of this unplugging etc but using a tank to crack a nut some would say.

On top of what PT suggested try giving the vessel a good shake too.
Oh god yes I forgot to so the shake! I went and checked it after half an hour or so and it was coming out at 5. I bet that's why, thanks for the reminder 

Back