do you ever get this with WFP ?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by slipknot, Aug 1, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. slipknot

slipknot Active Member

so my misses was taken to hospital last sunday and the ambulance guy goes to me "arn't you a window cleaner i reconise you" and i could have told him i make adult movies but i said yea i am.

and he asks me what kind of window cleaning i do and i say "im a trad at the moment" and he goes

"Oh a proper window cleaner"

and i stand there thinking which ever way you clean windows is the proper way there is more ways to clean windows than just ladders and squeegy

has any of you guys who do WFP had a customer be funny with you for using a pole system ?

Advertisement
  2. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Nope, never, not once.

Hope the Mrs is OK?

3. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

I remember people saying that when I switched from a leather and scrim to a mop and squeegee about 40 years ago. And yes even after eight years WFP I still get a few. As if doing them with pure water is not doing them properly.
    I started a new job about 6 weeks ago. The lady confessed when I went back for the second clean that she had not been very confident that it would work when I had told her that I only use pure water. But she admitted to being surprised and very happy at the finished result.

4. slipknot

slipknot Active Member

hey Diwrnach yea the mrs is good now had to have gallbladder removed but will soon be back on her feet was let out on sunday thank god :).

i was the same marko i was sceptical at first but when i saw how well it worked it makes you look at things in a new light

5. Pigeon

Pigeon Guest

i am a tradder but does the odd window with my facelift backpack, and all i get is curiosity and customers is amazed i can reach high odd windows from the ground, and even more amazed that this "splash" of water acctually cleans the glass. That being said wfp is not seen so often here in my country.

6. David K

David K Forum Addict

NOT really ! I get a lot of work and ,1 today cos the lady thought it looked fancy :D. Got a neat vanmount and she liked the look .
    Happened a lot lately , most people are amazed and Think it looks more high-end and pro .
    Must admit ive mounted Yellow LED flash lights in back and front . Always Turn Them on An it just look great ,( the hoses do cross the sidewalk ) people are so" oh whats going on ! " the attention is Nice ! :hehehe:

7. Pigeon

Pigeon Guest

The attention is nice, accutally i believe all windowcleaners has a little attention whore in them hidden somewhere :D attention = customers

8. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I started a new clean last week. I know the custy is away as she text to tell me.

Voice cones over the fence:

Him: do they know you're here.
    Me: Yes
    Him: Cause they're away.
    Me: I know that, she told me.
    Him: Why are you cleaning them? They're getting replaced in a few months.
    Me: Cause I got asked to clean them so I clean them.
    Him: Dont know why you bother, I aint never seen a good window cleaner.
    Me: (getting agitated now) Then you need to go to Spec Savers pal.
    Him: You cant get a good finish with a brush and some water that's just a fact.
    Me: Well you obviously don't know your facts then.
    Him: Why dont you get the ladder off your van.
    Me: It comes off when needed and it aint needed for this job.
    Him: You use it by yourslef?
    Me: Yes
    Him: That's illegal, you have to have someone footing it at all times.
    Me (in my own head 'oh for f***s sake)
    Me: No you dont you can work on a ladder for up to six meters for up to 30 minutes a time without needing to tie it off. There is no law saying tou have to have someone foot it.
    Him: I been in the building game for 50 years and I was a site H&S inspector and I done all the courses and blah blah blah blah.......
    Me: Do you want your windows cleaning?
    Him: No
    Me: Do you have a window cleaner?
    Me: Are you planning on getting one?
    Me: Well some of us actully have work to do not just stand around trying to sound like they know it all so do me a favor and f**k off so I can finish my job in peace!
    Him: Oh I was just making conversation.
    Me --- (Insert headphones and crank up the volume on Metallica)

What a ******.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

You have a lot more patience than me.......

10. slipknot

slipknot Active Member

i agree with DIwrnach lol it would have annoyed me trying to explain the science behind it when people don't have a clue about PPMs lol

Advertisement