Doing it quiting my job

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by WagtailMat, Nov 7, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. WagtailMat

WagtailMat Active Member

After umming and arhing I spoke to the missed and she an I both agree it's time to quit my full time after getting 20 plus calls in the last 3 days and getting 70% of the work it's s bad time for the company I work in comin up to Christmas but I'm sick of welding and my small buisness is kicking off this will be the first time in leaving a full time job to run a buisness so I'm very nervous I just know I will make this work !!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

I hope it works out for you mate.:thumbsup:

3. JClean

JClean Member

Good luck
    Just started out myself , it's a mixture of highs , lows and what am I doing but in the end I think it will prove the right decision( hope so anyway!)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

That's exactly what I did a year ago mate. Best decision I ever made. Good luck to you.

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

It's the best feelling being your own boss innit Neil?

6. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

It certainly is. And it fits in so well around the family and my wife's business. I was speaking to an ex colleague the other day and said that, even after this short time, I don't think I could ever work for someone again.

7. russ1979

russ1979 Member

The company I have worked for since I left school has just shut down so I have decided to take the plunge a long coming. All ways said I wanted to do window cleaning but nether the right time, as my wife has opened her own estate agency I have taken up the slack at home with the kids etc
    so as Adams0211 said about fitting round wife's business I'm hoping I've making the right choice

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

cane the marketing -EVERY day . even if you cannot get round everyone who enquires immediately,long as uve written down their details [Lay notepads in your car, by your bed, in the lounge,each with a pen nearby , you will get to them all very shortly . believe in yourself

9. TolishAPurd

I think it ruins you as an employee. Once you've had a taste you'll never go back,and even if you do, you'll always be looking to go self employed again.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  10. russ1979

russ1979 Member

Totally agree with you my wife is a marketing guru so she keeps telling me.
    she is bamboozling me with info its like being back at school

Advertisement