Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Elbow/hose leaking

WCF

Help Support WCF:

OnPoint

Any idea what I can do to stop this leaking/spraying out? Can't tighten the screw (o ring) anymore.

Appreciate feedback.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20220509_121929.jpg
    20220509_121929.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 21
Check it’s not cracked
Wrap ptfe round it
Get slightly smaller jubilee clip

Any idea what I can do to stop this leaking/spraying out? Can't tighten the screw (o ring) anymore.

Appreciate feedback.

Thanks
We have always warmed the hose up in boiling water and then secured the hose to the barb end with an O clip - single ear is best. Jubilee clamps aren't good at clamping the hose all the way around the hose.

I also believe you have used PTFE tape on the conical seat on the fitting. You don't need to use PTFE tape here. We finger tighten the wing nut and then nip it up with a spanner. Never had a leak doing this.

I'm gonna be honest here, if you can't figure that out you really shouldnt be using the equipment. A little leak is nothing compared to the issues that you can face whilst in the middle of a round when everything stops and you need to fix it.
That's not meant to be rude, just honest

We have always warmed the hose up in boiling water and then secured the hose to the barb end with an O clip - single ear is best. Jubilee clamps aren't good at clamping the hose all the way around the hose.

I also believe you have used PTFE tape on the conical seat on the fitting. You don't need to use PTFE tape here. We finger tighten the wing nut and then nip it up with a spanner. Never had a leak doing this.
Thanks.

Yeah I have used PTFE tape. Was more worried about the plastic ears on the wing nut snapping if I did it any tighter.

Changed the jubilee clip and like a charm it stopped.

I'm gonna be honest here, if you can't figure that out you really shouldnt be using the equipment. A little leak is nothing compared to the issues that you can face whilst in the middle of a round when everything stops and you need to fix it.
That's not meant to be rude, just honest

I mean I wouldn't say I'm well experienced compare to most on here as only been cleaning glass for 3 years and I've had my fair share of things going wrong and manged fine.

So because I asked for a little help I shouldn't be using the equipment? Sound advice. ?

I mean I wouldn't say I'm well experienced compare to most on here as only been cleaning glass for 3 years and I've had my fair share of things going wrong and manged fine.

So because I asked for a little help I shouldn't be using the equipment? Sound advice. ?
You will get naysayers on here, I used them to build my business. Every time I was verbally attacked I made my business stronger by buying something that made it more efficient. Now I can't get in my lockup for stuff and my business is booming and I just block them now. Do the same and your business will grow each day. Get up tomorrow and say I'm going to leaflet one street near me and you might pick up a customer. That's how I started and it was all thanks to the naysayers on this form. ?

There is nothing wrong with asking for help, I've done plenty of that myself, but asking how to stop a pipe leaking...... Come on ?????

Latest Posts

Back