Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Electric reels recommendations

WCF

Help Support WCF:

@Denthe hose I have on mine isn't a great deal bigger O. D than pole hose, I have used 6mm hose for years now and this is the thinnest I have ever had.

In terms of usability and durability only time will tell, but I am hoping that it lasts well,
Only time will time tell maybe do a update in a year or three lol. 

Only time will time tell maybe do a update in a year or three lol. 

6 months time will be sufficient to begin with, if was using The Cleaning Warehouse super tuff hose and the outer hose started wearing after 6 months, but I managed around a year out of it before this week and the new reel. 

Absolutely fuming. Day one and the reel kept getting stuck. Had a rubbing noise. The sides of the reel are wonky and rubbing against the motor. Metal shards everywhere. Really poor build quality and surely someone checks this before they sell them!?!? Gonna have to uninstall it and ask them to replace it but not a good start at all. Slowed me down yesterday massively. Didn't end up finishing till 6 ?

5E7423D3-9214-4364-93E9-E2B428F4128C.jpg

Absolutely fuming. Day one and the reel kept getting stuck. Had a rubbing noise. The sides of the reel are wonky and rubbing against the motor. Metal shards everywhere. Really poor build quality and surely someone checks this before they sell them!?!? Gonna have to uninstall it and ask them to replace it but not a good start at all. Slowed me down yesterday massively. Didn't end up finishing till 6 ?

View attachment 17424

Bleedin heck, not good at all, I thought my discs were off a little after fitting but not that bad. 

I found this bolt in the van yesterday just sitting there after I finished my last job of the day and I just gone and checked my reel and there is some very minor metal shards between the bottom of the motor and base of the reel, I also ordered some blue trim yesterday as edging for the outer of the reel discs and I know now it won't fit because the disc is running to close to the motor 

20190824_083542.jpg

I thought Powered up sold the best electric hosereels?
Maybe the best value but realistically they are manual hose reels that have been converted.

Bleedin heck, not good at all, I thought my discs were off a little after fitting but not that bad. 

I found this bolt in the van yesterday just sitting there after I finished my last job of the day and I just gone and checked my reel and there is some very minor metal shards between the bottom of the motor and base of the reel, I also ordered some blue trim yesterday as edging for the outer of the reel discs and I know now it won't fit because the disc is running to close to the motor 
What on earth is the bolt from though?? Confusing man. @RWCleaning said his is a little wonky too but not touching the motor either, reckon I've been unlucky. Its the right hand side that is the problem for me, I wonder of the added weight of the motor and chain on that side causes it ?If so it would have been simple to resolve by just adding some weight to the left hand side and voila.

View attachment 17425
That same bolt shot out the van on me , check where the hand reel goes  it’s to tighten that it up

Maybe the best value but realistically they are manual hose reels that have been converted.

What on earth is the bolt from though?? Confusing man. @RWCleaning said his is a little wonky too but not touching the motor either, reckon I've been unlucky. Its the right hand side that is the problem for me, I wonder of the added weight of the motor and chain on that side causes it ?If so it would have been simple to resolve by just adding some weight to the left hand side and voila.
I'll ask my neighbour the fitter, but to be honest the discs looked to be out when we fitted it in the van, but I didn't think much of it last week and we tested before and after fitting the hose and the hose I have has an o.d of 11mm so lightweight, But then after spending over £450 it shouldn't have to be sorted or altered. 

I was worried about the Grippa ones that I am getting fitted this week, heard a bad report from Tuffers on the forum. Seems there is a market for someone to make a cast iron hosereel for window cleaners.

Hey I had a bolt fall off on me too, about two weeks In. I couldn’t find where it came from though 

Is there anyone from the cleaning warehouse on this forum? Or wherever you order them from.

I was worried about the Grippa ones that I am getting fitted this week, heard a bad report from Tuffers on the forum. Seems there is a market for someone to make a cast iron hosereel for window cleaners.

Purefreedom could have cracked it, but I wasn't paying a £70 delivery fee, granted its bare weight is 31kg so to a point I can understand, but still wasn't going to pay that much and the Grippa-Reels IMHO are over priced at £800+

3 electric power up HD reels work a treat, so glad I did not go for Grippa reels or Pure freedom, 

these power up are a doddle to fix if any problems occur, I had to tighten up a couple of bolts so far, that’s it!.

70E87A9D-D3F1-450C-887F-72FEC70831E9.jpeg

9251CB06-CB03-485F-A187-07BBA1155201.jpeg

057B84FF-F343-4492-8C32-F429DFC5BA5C.jpeg

2C6BC35C-F555-4767-A4F7-CA632EA26D83.jpeg

A few have bought the Pure Freedom electric reel and have been happy with it.

I have noted that some of the swivel joints connecting the hose to the reel don't run true. I ask myself if its poor machining of the swivel or is it a bent center shaft. None of the users seem to worry though.

With the PF one you need an upgraded unit for hot water use, so this needs to be considered in with the purchase.
Hiya Spruce,I too have a purefreedom electric reel which I'm very happy with,do you happen to know what the upgrade that you need for hotwater on these reels actually consists of ? As I'm considering going down the hot water route before next winter.

Hiya Spruce,I too have a purefreedom electric reel which I'm very happy with,do you happen to know what the upgrade that you need for hotwater on these reels actually consists of ? As I'm considering going down the hot water route before next winter.
From what I have read they add stainless disks to strengthen the black sides. I'm not sure if there is extra strengthening to the centre spindle. I think it's due to the hose expanding with hot water and putting pressure on the sides of the reel, hence the stainless discs.

(y) Best to ask them if the upgrade can be done to your existing reel by just buying the parts only. They will probably be shocked at you asking, but my belief is that if it can be assembled, then it can be disassembled.
In the words of Eric O from YouTube channel, South Main Auto Repair, "remember folks, if I can do it, you can as well." Meaning, if they can do it, so can you as well.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back