Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Existing Customer:- "Your hourly rate is too high"

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I had one today, regular customer but very fussy. She phoned me on Monday asking if I could clear the gutters on her conny next time I was there. No problem I'll be with you on Wednesday. I had a figure of £30 in my head. I know from experience that she likes the inside of the gutter to be clear of any dirty water etc. I cleared them of the leaves and moss and cracked on with cleaning the windows. She comes out and asks if my brush would clean the inside of the gutter. I knew this was coming so I said it won't fit in and I couldn't physically get the dirty water out with my hands. She suggested using the hose pipe. The hose pipe only reached the gutter that was visible from her bedroom so I just cleaned that water away. Then she asks me if I could 'just wipe over' the glass conny roof while I'm there. I reminded her that last time I cleaned her conny roof it took over 3 hours and I wouldn't have time to do it. There was no way I was going to clean a few dirty panels on top for f@ck all extra too.
That line “can you just” ? 

“yes of course, that will be ££ on top”

Then the awkward silence ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a customer for 2 yrs they have a huge home and when I priced the job I was doing trad at £25 took me over an hr to do it alone and was good money for me at the time,as time went on they where never home when I was there and I'd changed to wfp after a bad fall as we all no the house then took me far less time to do but on my final time cleaning the windows the husband was home in his suit with bmw in the drive and I'm convinced he stopped me my services because I was only there 20 mins using wfp but was ok up and down a ladder for over an hr for the same money. 

Back