Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Extreme pole extreme brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Den

I'm ordering an extreme pole and brush next week and also thinking of ordering an extra extreme 35cm extreme medium hybrid with the 1.4m x 4 jets. I normally use 100 degree fan jets so wondering would I need a high flow rate with this brush? Also are they worth the extra weight or just stick with the normal extreme as I only use ultimate brushes.

I have the extreme 14" with 4x red fans, its great on larger panes, I turn the flow up full and it floods the glass.

I dont like the 1.4mm jets, to get the usual amount of flow you need higher pressure which can be a bit splashy. On hydrophobic rinsing is tedious.

I like having both brushes as between them you can do most panes well. One thing with the extreme's, you cant transition from pane to frame as easily as you can with the ultimate brush.

I would get both and buy some fans to try out as well, they take getting used to though. You can always pop the pencils back in if you dont like them.

I have the extreme 14" with 4x red fans, its great on larger panes, I turn the flow up full and it floods the glass.

I dont like the 1.4mm jets, to get the usual amount of flow you need higher pressure which can be a bit splashy. On hydrophobic rinsing is tedious.

I like having both brushes as between them you can do most panes well. One thing with the extreme's, you cant transition from pane to frame as easily as you can with the ultimate brush.

I would get both and buy some fans to try out as well, they take getting used to though. You can always pop the pencils back in if you dont like them.
Cheers mate,  I have loads of ultimate brushes all with the 100 degree fans and much prefer them to pencil jets, but have never tried the 1.4mm  pencils was thinking of getting the bigger extreme as I have some 4 storey new builds townhouses with big windows and thought about the weight saving over a ultimate brush, these are done every 8 weeks just trying to futureproof my body lol.

I find the red 50 degree jets use far to much water so currently only have them on my sill brush which I connect to customers tap for fascia,gutters etc.

I recently purchased a 35mm Xtreme brush. I asked for it to be fitted with 4x black fans but also wanted to try it with 4x 1.4mm pencils so ordered them as well. My experience using a 5lpm 70psi pump is as follows.

4x 1.4mm pencils: Nothing like enough rinsing power even on full flow. Slowed me right down

4x black fans: Pump couldn't provide enough volume or pressure to work all four jets well. The effect was a really weak rinse. again didn't trust the rinse

The result? I removed the inner 2x jets and the brush works just fine for me with just 2x black fans in the outer holes running at the same settings I use for the standard brush.

The only thing I had to watch was when cleaning narrower windows. As I couldn't get enough sideways movement across the glass with the brush in the horizontal position it was possible to get a poor rinse in the middle of the pane. However, this was dealt with by swivelling the brush into the vertical postion when rinsing on narrow panes

I recently purchased a 35mm Xtreme brush. I asked for it to be fitted with 4x black fans but also wanted to try it with 4x 1.4mm pencils so ordered them as well. My experience using a 5lpm 70psi pump is as follows.

4x 1.4mm pencils: Nothing like enough rinsing power even on full flow. Slowed me right down

4x black fans: Pump couldn't provide enough volume or pressure to work all four jets well. The effect was a really weak rinse. again didn't trust the rinse

The result? I removed the inner 2x jets and the brush works just fine for me with just 2x black fans in the outer holes running at the same settings I use for the standard brush.

The only thing I had to watch was when cleaning narrower windows. As I couldn't get enough sideways movement across the glass with the brush in the horizontal position it was possible to get a poor rinse in the middle of the pane. However, this was dealt with by swivelling the brush into the vertical postion when rinsing on narrow panes
Cheers Mark just another question  as I know you love your extreme brush do you think it's worth having the 35cm or just stick with the 25cm extreme? 

For me the best size would be one in between the two. However, as at the moment there isn’t one I think my favourite is the 35. 

When I switched back to the smaller one for a day last week it felt like having a toothbrush on the end of the pole

For me the best size would be one in between the two. However, as at the moment there isn’t one I think my favourite is the 35. 

When I switched back to the smaller one for a day last week it felt like having a toothbrush on the end of the pole
Thanks Mark ?

Latest Posts

Back