Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook/twitter tips and tricks!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i dowmloaded a twitter webinar that i missed as i was working, i will upload it on this thread if i can. i intend studying the twitter advertising thang over the Xmas break when iv time to study it properly . Each year i focus on a diffrent way to advertize,this year its been Facebook, last year fliers and next year itll be Twitter,once i understand it i will cane it hard, starting in January and then all year with no let up .
im not sure who the typical "twitter customer" is, my gut feeling is that theyre a bunch of total wasters hell bent on freebies /loves being taken to court and sharing the drama with a tweet etc, lets hope im wrong on that score

iv also found a local Twitter guru who runs 3 hour classes on milking twitter , i might attend one of her courses
I'm currently concentrating on Facebook, leaflets and starting canvassing, don't have much time to start focus on twitter as well, I do tweet every few days and have a couple of hundred followers, but would love to know how to gain some business through it.

Hi,

Well, I have asked a friend whom runs a pc shop to let me no how to operate twitter for gain of small business and window cleaninh, how would I pull customers. I will let you no as soon as he comes back to me. He might have an idea.

So basically there is not to many options to promoting window cleaning.

FLYERS

DOOR KNOCK

BUSINESSCARDS IN SHOPS ETC

WEB SITE

FACEBOOK

PARKING MY CAR IN SUPERMARKETS AND OTHER BUSY PLACES IN THE DAY WITH SIGNS ON

THE ODD FREE AD LISTING ON WEB SITES ( NONE ARE FREE THOUGH LOL)

I can not think of much else, ok parish mags etc and local media, but ££ and somthing for when I get going more I think

Twitter is an odd one though, but must be a way.

BTW what do you guys put on your post when you post in groups? I am trying to make a post with pictures in it and info and not sure how to? I can not seem to link a picture in, help lol

To be honest I advertised using pictures, before and afters, all that kind of thing and got little interest, I then changed it to a simple ***WINDOW CLEANER AVAILIBLE*** we clean frames, doors blah blah, blah etc etc, and got a much better result, no idea why?

As for adding pictures, just drag and drop them into the post, or click the little camera icon and drag and drop, kinda depends what and where you are posting.

Hi,
Well, I have asked a friend whom runs a pc shop to let me no how to operate twitter for gain of small business and window cleaninh, how would I pull customers. I will let you no as soon as he comes back to me. He might have an idea.

So basically there is not to many options to promoting window cleaning.

FLYERS

DOOR KNOCK

BUSINESSCARDS IN SHOPS ETC

WEB SITE

FACEBOOK

PARKING MY CAR IN SUPERMARKETS AND OTHER BUSY PLACES IN THE DAY WITH SIGNS ON

THE ODD FREE AD LISTING ON WEB SITES ( NONE ARE FREE THOUGH LOL)

I can not think of much else, ok parish mags etc and local media, but ££ and somthing for when I get going more I think

Twitter is an odd one though, but must be a way.
Only 1 real good way to get custies

KNOCK ON THE BLEEDIN DOORS..LOL

works for me and a little bit off of bookface

I have built a small round in a short time and not knocked any doors yet /emoticons/smile.png

Not saying it doesn't work, it is I am sure the number one way, and I will go knocking shortly just to compact the round a bit, but I am doing maybe 5-10 quotes a week of facebook and it takes me maybe 5mins a day on facebook itself to get them.

When you use twitter #tag window cleaning and #tag areas your after, that way people can find you in that area, always put a link up to your website/fb page this will also push your site up futher. Google+ is brilliant. I get straight on the first page of google for window cleaning when I use mine, and its free. Hope this helps.

Hi,

On facebook, when you are on a group and you search window cleaner and its comes up with someone saying "I need a window cleaner please in Essex" do you just click comment and respond to the post or can you emssage them dirstly on there page, whats the doen thing?

Thanks. Have had no joy as yet on facebook, you guys getting 3 a day, your lucky. Only found like 30 buy sell want groups in areas I need.

I usually reply to them on the advert, usually ending with you have a PM, then I also private message them with details a bit more personal, if that makes sense.

Oh and it doesn't always go like that, 3 a day, last week I actually only picked up 2 the whole week off facebook, other weeks it has been 3 or more a day, its odd really.

Hi @Diwrnach . I am useless with FB and wondered if you could give me some advice. I've created a page, my profile pic is just a pic of my business card and I will get a decent one for the background not quite sure what yet. The next step it gives me is to promote the page, 3quid for so many likes, 6 quid for so many likes et, do you pay for this?

Anyway the selling pages part is where i'm lost can't seem to find it and when I click on the spy glass and type in window cleaner my page just comes up. Would appreciate any help as it's driving me mad.

Hi mate,

Firstly you have to make a personal account and then make from that a business page. So you have two pages.

Ok form the personal one you can then join the groups and jon as many as you can find. I am on 60 groups. You find a group by typing in the top search the bit where you would look for an old friends name etc. You type in the town you want to work in and then buy, sell, that should list you the buy and sell groups in that area, you can click see all and systematically join each one. One tip, do not join to many a day or in one go, facebook will ban you for weeks, its happened to me and lots other people, 1000's so joing like 6 a day or so or mor but not in one go.

Once you click the buy,sell page it will say in the cover photo area, join now, click that and you will have to wait some time for them to accept you can take an hour or a day. Then when you are, you can make a a small advert, just type all your info and links, i usually have it written down and saved on a doc on my desktop and just copy/paste it in to the write somthing feature to make the post. then post it and your ad is there, people may respond form then onwards, keep checking back.

Also you can search in the search section with spy glass, just type in window cleaner, it will bring all posts with that in it, somtimes it will just bring your ad up as thats all there is or other peoples window ads. Other times you might see a person writting, "I need a window cleaner, I am in southend on sea, anyone know of any" you thn hit a reply to them and sell yourself and also you can private message them on there page. Once you build up loads of grpups its a matter of checking them each day and updating your post or making a new one to keep it near top and looking in the search for people requesting a window cleaner.

I can go into more detail with you on skype or on here if you want, its really easy once you no, but let me no and I will go step by step with you, as its a good tool to have and it will help you so please ask if you get stuck, quicker you on it the quicker you will find someone. I have had 3 off of it so far.

Sory if my post is all over the place, but that is the bones of it, lke I said pm me or tell me your skype I am happy to help, I am in the same situation as you findng it hard to get going, but like you I am in this for real and want to be a windy forever and its not justa here and no thing. So its hard I know and if we all help each other it helps:) This site is just great I have had people I do not know help me and take that extra mile to offer advice, like life should be, but you dont see it that much, but here you really do, fantasic bunch of main users on here.

Cheers

Useful was an understatement so just want to say big thanks Scottie. I've pretty much cracked it now with that detailed post. You saved diwrnach a job there.

I've read many posts on the internet over the years but never actually posted myself ever. This site was the first time I had posted anything and am amazed at the help and advice on offer like you mentioned. It is like a rabbit hole it's easy to get lost in here and spend to much time like another world.

I'm all sorted now. One thing is though it has listed me under places and everyone else seems to be listed under people.

Remember to type in your full facebook page web address which is facebook.com/ then whatever your page is called it then posts a header with your ad. Looks more professional try it mate.

Cheers Ash, I did do that to start with but have deleted the page because I registered it under local business or place and it's coming up under places not like everyone else. Do you list it under company organisation, institution? Just one of them things that once you do it right then it seems ridiculously simply and can't believe how thick you was being.

Latest Posts

Back