Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook/twitter tips and tricks!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Remember to type in your full facebook page web address which is facebook.com/ then whatever your page is called it then posts a header with your ad. Looks more professional try it mate.
Yes that is the way to do it, looks good. Did you sort the places/page thing out Guybrush?

No lol. When creating the page what option did you choose? mine listed me under places, I chose business and places option. No one else seems to be listed under this. I see a lot of people have cleaning services under there business name but I don't know how they got that.

I know you choose anything but not local business, it pus you as a place, so just choose somthing else, I forgot mine, but I ende dup with professsional services under my name, try differnt ones and see when pro services come up, as that what I did. Hope that helps.

So are you chap gaining premium rated work from this or are most ppl just wanting work done for next to nothing?

Just normal every day paying customers.

Got 10 last week off facebook, ranging from £10-£28 6 weekly.

Are they all over the place or are you managing to build a compact round from it?
Seem to be getting 4 or 5 in a fairly close area, though if I get a customer somewhere I ask them about local cleaners etc, and now flyer that area if its void of them, I did think they would be all over the place but so far fairly compact, and the flyering is compacting it even more.

Got 2 off 100 flyers last week all within walking distance of several others, and this week added another two off 100 flyers in the same area as well.

I'm using it as a way of finding the hot areas where other windies either suck or aren't there.

Got two last week two doors away from one another and their white upvc was green and they had a windie already.....

Thinking about it, I live in a small town, and work in 3 other small towns so its pretty much impossible for it not to be compact really.

Shipston on Stour, Moreton in Marsh, Stow on the Wold and Bourton on the Water are my main towns, all relatively small.

I am hitting facebook groups all the time for ages on 60 groups, I have found three custys in 2 weeks, I feel I priced my self low to be honest smurf, but I am learning, beat myself up now about it, but I wont do it again. I got a bungalow its quite big looking at it now, got £10 1st clean nd £8 thereafter, bit low as 10 windows. I also need to turn my 3 bedroom form £8 to £10 I think. I guesss I nervous of not getting the deal and not having much sucsess. It must be area wise as Diwrnach is doing well, where I am on FB all the time and have a good clean advert and talk to people on there also and interact in the groups and get very little. I also flyer now 1000 flyers and got two custys and a conny clean only. Ok I might get some calls but I think the are maybe tied up, seems to be a fair few of local people window cleaning. I am in it for the long haul so I am going to dig deep and keep going as this is what I want to do. FB is ok, its just another way to get some custys in, you never no maye work better for some.

I tink my flyers are to pro, peope tel me wow there smart veyr professional, maybe people will think the prices are high, I see some basic ones near me and they might do better but then I think they look ****, so who knows.

I do think your right smurf, people on FB want a bargin, but I have to only accept if it works for me, not doing it for nout, but just have to be clever in quoting them, but yeah agree its a bargin hunting place. Hard situation for newbies like myself as do i take it or leave it, i hav to take it unless silly money as I need custys and its the potential that customer could lead to more, so I have to take the bargin prices, for now! lol

Cheers:)

one benefit from getting work with FB is that soon as they message me ,i have a look at their page ,you can tell if theyre a basic- but good -type, potential waster or well- heeled type [rare, but they are there].

iv had many good uns , a few wasters,[after a 1 off clean but with illusions of affording a regular clean ,but not honest about being basically skint until friday] ,i knew from reading their facebook stuff they were low rent

one benefit from getting work with FB is that soon as they message me ,i have a look at their page ,you can tell if theyre a basic- but good -type, potential waster or well- heeled type [rare, but they are there].
iv had many good uns , a few wasters,[after a 1 off clean but with illusions of affording a regular clean ,but not honest about being basically skint until friday] ,i knew from reading their facebook stuff they were low rent
Yeah I always do that as well.

But as for wanting a bargain etc, my prices are the same regardless of where customers come from.

I do small bungalows and flats for £8, got 4 flats now on a 6 week, two next door to each other off facebook, and two just round the corner, walking distance anyway I don't move the pick up, one off facebook the other saw me cleaning.

Houses are £10 for a small house, 3 window front and back and front and back door, anything even slightly bigger is £12 and up from there.

Got several £25+ jobs off facebook, seems round this way everyones on the selling pages rich and poor.

iv found a lady guru locally who does classes in twitter for business, 3 hours a pop- i hope to be attending soon. i was going to pull the trigger with paid advertising on twitter as twit has pestered me but i realized im out of my depth, its Much more complicated setting a targetted ad on twit than FB, thats for sure .

facebook is much easier to do the paid ads ,iv done it half a dozen times with good results ,but i believe[i might be wrong] that twitter users are of a higher intellect,like to spend, then again you could say theyre pro messers , who knows . i intend finding out in 2015

I would be really interested in how to use twitter, I haven't a clue with it, got I dunno maybe 200 followers? but not a jot of work off it.

paid adverts good on facebook? been toying with the idea.

I have a good bit of work from fb

Same as you dirw i flyer the streets i get work in

Stevenage is only 12 miles to completely drive round so i may need to drive 2 miles to a job but then I tend to get a couple close to it by flyers and knocking

the beauty of doin the paid ads on FB is you can set the target area , a town alone, town +25 miles , +100 etc . Also you can set the age of who sees it, no point targetting kids of 16 is it.

you can also set the days you want your ad to run and/or the total spend . i find its worth setting the total spend because if you leave it to the default setting,your ad will run and run! for a month solid,christ knows how much thatd cost ! .

i personally set a spend limit of about £15 max spread over 3 days each time iv advertized , cheap if you think about it,as i dont want much new work,just a trickle of new blood needed now ,and as iv said got good results each time.

I have a good bit of work from fbSame as you dirw i flyer the streets i get work in

Stevenage is only 12 miles to completely drive round so i may need to drive 2 miles to a job but then I tend to get a couple close to it by flyers and knocking
Yeah exactly that, though I would say each of the towns I work in is maybe 5mins tops to drive from one side to the other, I just group the jobs together in each town. So really its very hard for my work to not be compact.

Latest Posts

Back