Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FaceLift Compact Van Mounted System - 325L or 425L?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

cuppa

Morning people.

In the process of currently getting my van all sorted in prep to start up - I've bought a 2012 Ford Transit Connect and am now deciding on wether to go 325L or 425L for the system.

I will only need DO system as I can source pure water.

Clearly there will be a lot of variables in opinion of which volume to go for, can anyone offer any advice? 325L seems small, but I live 5 minutes away from the water supplier so it's never going to be an issue just popping down there.

Although the system in itself is designed to be compact and low profile, my only concern with the 425L is weight on the van and any additional loads I need to cart around.

Any advice would be class ?

Look at your V5 reg document and the plate either under bonnet or door shut for weight limits. Don't rely on a 3rd party site as if you have an accident or are pulled over for a weight check you can't use xyz site said it was OK!!!!!

Depending on payload I would go for the bigger tank as that will give you more scope as you get more work , many people buy stuff and grow out of it very quickly , for  a sole operator I feel 500 ltr tank is needed to do a full days work ,some will claim they work all day with 300 ltr but from over 18 years wfp I don’t think that’s possible unless you trad a lot of stuff or sit in the van half the day drinking tea ??????

Back