Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facelift Phantom Pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

‘Game Changer' ?? Please, it's a pole with hose and brush so unless it gets out the van by itself and goes to clean the windows then it's changing nothing. 
Look, this is simply marketing spin. Almost all manufacturers indulge in it and quite frankly it goes right over my head. I NEVER buy into it. But any new product that tries to address current weaknesses/annoyances I believe are at least worth considering. Of course the clamp is no ‘game changer’. It appears that Steve has taken the weaknesses he and other users found in the Chinese shimmed clamp of a couple of years ago and has reworked the overall design. Initial eyeballing (sans rhetoric) and they do look very promising. Angle Adaptor and brush plate also appear promising if you use a fixed head. I personally want to make my days as easy and efficient as possible and if this is an incremental improvement? It’s worth checking out once they do hit the market.

as it is being released at the wcp show it will give you a rare chance to compare it all the other manufactures poles 

Look, this is simply marketing spin. Almost all manufacturers indulge in it and quite frankly it goes right over my head. I NEVER buy into it. But any new product that tries to address current weaknesses/annoyances I believe are at least worth considering. Of course the clamp is no ‘game changer’. It appears that Steve has taken the weaknesses he and other users found in the Chinese shimmed clamp of a couple of years ago and has reworked the overall design. Initial eyeballing (sans rhetoric) and they do look very promising. Angle Adaptor and brush plate also appear promising if you use a fixed head. I personally want to make my days as easy and efficient as possible and if this is an incremental improvement? It’s worth checking out once they do hit the market.

Interesting how the pole has a Facelift name on it and Exceed 'stamped' into the clamps. Its either a Fiat or a Chrysler; its not a Chrysler Fiat.

Interesting how the pole has a Facelift name on it and Exceed 'stamped' into the clamps. Its either a Fiat or a Chrysler; its not a Chrysler Fiat.
They clamps will have been designed by steve but facelift would have wanted their name on them because they can and no doubt they are the ones with the serious cash 

They clamps will have been designed by steve but facelift would have wanted their name on them because they can and no doubt they are the ones with the serious cash 
That's what I would have thought. If I was marketing a product I wouldn't want the names of the various suppliers/designers emboldened into the components I had used to assemble to finished item.

That's what I would have thought. If I was marketing a product I wouldn't want the names of the various suppliers/designers emboldened into the components I had used to assemble to finished item.
I think it's only fair for exceed to be on the clamps more so if Steve is the brains behind them as he has brought some quality innovations to the wfp market, But I do think only exceed should have been on the clamps

County Durham Lad

I can only dream! We use the phoenix poles (blue ones) they’re not top of the range or the most rigid, the higher we go there is a lot of bending. But got to be fair they’re pretty solid & i do value things that are robust & not fragile. Had both of them for two years now & still going strong. The clamps have unstuck/come loose multiple times and i’ve replaced both rubber base clamps, but it’s only a bit of gorilla glue & job done. I would like better poles but personally i can’t justify spending in excess of £500 on poles for residential work. If i was doing commercial work & had a high turnover maybe.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Yep, the good old wobbly sausages [emoji23]

Just had email from them, weights and price are out, haven't compared weights or price against other poles yet thoughView attachment 14745
Prices are ex VAT and delivery etc & I'm not sure if they include a brush either. Haven't compared prices yet myself & honestly... I think I will wait until a trusted member of the forum buys one, uses it thoroughly and recommends it until I consider it. Didn't like my other facelift pole I purchased but this does seem a big step up on paper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this is the exact same pole but cant see why it wouldnt be (pic is a screenshot from his instagram). Steve-o as most of you know is a well respected youtube window cleaner based in Colorado (basically on a par with Luke and Reanna). Maybe try get him on the forum too or try get in touch with him to get his view on the pole?

Hopefully it can help those of you itching to know what its like

Cheers. Screenshot_20180905-074832_Instagram.jpeg

Another picScreenshot_20180905-075406_Instagram.jpeg

6 months of daily use will determine just how good the poles will be, lads raving about clamps etc after days of use is neither here nor there.

After using a s-max which is over 5 years old, an Xtreme series 2 which is almost 3 years old and some Slx sections which I have used for 6-7 months their is only one pole that will stand up to daily abuse and show very little signs of wear on sections #1 and #2 and that's the Series 2 Xtreme

County Durham Lad

6 months of daily use will determine just how good the poles will be, lads raving about clamps etc after days of use is neither here nor there.

After using a s-max which is over 5 years old, an Xtreme series 2 which is almost 3 years old and some Slx sections which I have used for 6-7 months their is only one pole that will stand up to daily abuse and show very little signs of wear on sections #1 and #2 and that's the Series 2 Xtreme

County Durham Lad
Series II are no more right?

Back