Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FAO Alex Gardiner

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't get this thing about new brushes?, i'm sorry but I can't, I don't get excited when a new one comes out or feel the need to try the newest one, been there before in the past and spent loads on brushes that were quite frankly, toilet, now I just buy one type of brush-it works for me-it always  has done and I assume it will do in the future 

You've got to try harder. I haven't managed yet btw so I'm not one to be talking. A couple of years ago I watched my wife and sister in law 'melting' over a pair of baby booties one of them had knitted. I couldn't believe how 'soppy' they both got. They were like jelly swooning over these things. I couldn't relate to what I was seeing and listening to.

The door bell rang and it was DHL with a couple of ring spanners I had ordered - a 21 and 23mm and a 22 and 24mm if memory services me correctly. As much as I tried I just couldn't get excited about these spanners I had ordered - they did nothing for me. They were ordered for a job and once the job was done they were relegated to my tool box.

I also blame the motor trade. I witnessed new car buyers get so excited taking delivery of their new vehicles. I could never understand it. They were just taking delivery of a new bucket of nuts and bolts. Nothing to get the heart rate up about! They wouldn't be as excited when they received their first payment bill through the letter box with another 59 to follow, one each month for the next 5 years..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I’m looking forward to my surprise gardiner package tomorrow ?

You've got to try harder. I haven't managed yet btw so I'm not one to be talking. A couple of years ago I watched my wife and sister in law 'melting' over a pair of baby booties one of them had knitted. I couldn't believe how 'soppy' they both got. They were like jelly swooning over these things. I couldn't relate to what I was seeing and listening to.

The door bell rang and it was DHL with a couple of ring spanners I had ordered - a 21 and 23mm and a 22 and 24mm if memory services me correctly. As much as I tried I just couldn't get excited about these spanners I had ordered - they did nothing for me. They were ordered for a job and once the job was done they were relegated to my tool box.

I also blame the motor trade. I witnessed new car buyers get so excited taking delivery of their new vehicles. I could never understand it. They were just taking delivery of a new bucket of nuts and bolts. Nothing to get the heart rate up about! They wouldn't be as excited when they received their first payment bill through the letter box with another 59 to follow, one each month for the next 5 years..
a 17mm and a 19mm gets me going bruce, a 10mm and i'm in heaven as my boys pinch those for their jobs I don't seem to have tools anymore lol

So Alex can you give us a rough idea of when the brushes will be ready for purchase ?
This month is what I am expecting ?

The delay is down to the tooling for the stock. All samples and testing brushes have used 3D printed stocks and now we are simply waiting for the tooling to be finished so that we can injection mould a large quantity of the stocks.

This month is what I am expecting ?

The delay is down to the tooling for the stock. All samples and testing brushes have used 3D printed stocks and now we are simply waiting for the tooling to be finished so that we can injection mould a large quantity of the stocks.
Not expecting them this month now

200.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Not expecting them this month now

That’s the funniest thing I’ve seen on here for a while now. Although I dont know what the digs about getting excited about a brush is all about? This is a window cleaning forum were people come to discuss window cleaning topics isn’t it?

I love a new brush!

I bet no one gets as excited as Alex though, seeing as he makes a profit!

Alex, I have been using all the different brushes lately. I really like the tucker brushes as the Du-pont bristles are stiff and agitate very well. The big downside is weight, that's where you have a major advantage.

I like the Du-pont hybrid of yours, but the bristles are very soft and when splayed don't seem to be very effective. I would very much like to see an ultimate brush with dense Du-pont bristles, do you have any plans of making something similar?

I also have an X-line Du-pont, the one with the orange inner trim. I cut it down to the same length as an ultimate as the bristles were too lanky and clumsy for me. Its the best thing I could do to create my own Gardiner Ultimate brush with stiff Du-pont bristles!

I'm sure if you made one it would be much better.

I love a new brush!

Alex, I have been using all the different brushes lately. I really like the tucker brushes as the Du-pont bristles are stiff and agitate very well. The big downside is weight, that's where you have a major advantage.

I like the Du-pont hybrid of yours, but the bristles are very soft and when splayed don't seem to be very effective. I would very much like to see an ultimate brush with dense Du-pont bristles, do you have any plans of making something similar?

I also have an X-line Du-pont, the one with the orange inner trim. I cut it down to the same length as an ultimate as the bristles were too lanky and clumsy for me. Its the best thing I could do to create my own Gardiner Ultimate brush with stiff Du-pont bristles!

I am having some sample shorter bristle Super-lite dual-trim brushes made in all Dupont material - these should be denser and tougher than the Ultimate Dupont - drop me a line and I can get one over to you when they arrive.

I love a new brush!

I am having some sample shorter bristle Super-lite dual-trim brushes made in all Dupont material - these should be denser and tougher than the Ultimate Dupont - drop me a line and I can get one over to you when they arrive.
Can someone explain Du-pont? It seems to be all the rage and I have no idea what it is! 

My go to brush now is the Universal medium - soft. I love the side bristles as it compliments my ability - clumsy! ?

I would love it if we would get bristles up the top of the stock also, so can catch the tops of frames (I have a number of customers who have a sort of pvc overhang on the window and I need to angle the brush to get them). 

Poor Alex, this thread has turned into a request list! ?

Dupont was all the rage about 2 years ago now its just the norm, Dupont bristles are more robust than monofilament I've had my Supreme Dupont in daily use for 6 months now and it's still going strong.

My prototype extreme DuPont hybrid is still like new and that get used daily. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back