Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Faulty EZ snaps anyone?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

brianbadonde

Hi all. Just wondered if anyone has ever encountered a faulty batch of EZ snaps? My water has been cutting off and then starting, then cutting off, then pulsing….. so haven’t been able to clean much today. It did this the other day. I changed the EZ snaps which seemed to help but 4 days later it is doing it again. When I cut the EZ snap off the trolley hose the water is gushing out nicely, so it appears this is the problem. I’ve put another new one on and, touch wood, it will work. Not completely sure where I ordered them but it wasn’t EBay. It was one of two main suppliers for WC gear. Just wondered if I am missing something? Or if anyone has encountered the same problem?

I’ve checked the hoses; no leaks or blockages. The problem I have now narrowed down to the pump/controller/wiring and not the EZ snaps as I initially thought. It seemed when I jiggled the wires a little that the pump was speeding up and then slowing down. I managed to work this afternoon but the water was coming our real slow, almost a trickle at speed 70. I’ve taken it all apart, checked everything and then put it back together and now although the display has come in the controller, there is no noise or action from the pump. Not sure how to re-wire the pump as the wires go in to the pump and it doesn’t look like it comes apart. Frustrating as I need to earn and pay the bills so if I can’t sort it tomorrow I’ll either have to buy some bits and replace the controller and pump and see if that works.

Oh, and it’s a PF nano trolley. Not sure it’s an airlock. I did try running the pump at full throttle for 10 mins to clear it in case it was this.

I’ve narrowed it down to the pump now. Think I’ve had this one a year. Last one lasted a year. Have to say I think the Shurflo pumps were much better than the streamflo ones. Is there any reason why a shurflo wouldnt work in a PF nano trolley?

I’ve narrowed it down to the pump now. Think I’ve had this one a year. Last one lasted a year. Have to say I think the Shurflo pumps were much better than the streamflo ones. Is there any reason why a shurflo wouldnt work in a PF nano trolley?
I think it's all about power consumption. The Streamflo pump will use approx half the current a Shurflo pump will, using a controller.
One of the drawbacks with the original trolley was weight. The standard lead acid leisure battery they used didn't help.

From what I can see on the PF website, PF use a 16amp Lithium ion battery in the Nano Trolley. That would probably leave around 12 to 14 amps of useable power. A Streamflo pump will last around 7 hours of continuous work, where a Shurflo pump might last for 3 hours.

The 'Classic' trolley used a 24amp lead acid battery with a Shurflo pump. The current battery is sealed and basically only has a useable capacity of 12amp DOD (50% depth of discharge.) It will go lower than 50% but will reduce longevity of the battery. I don't know what controller PF use on the Nano trolley, but they used the standard Spring controller on the Classic trolley.

Last edited:
I seem to remember now that the very first trolleys actually had a 75amp lead acid leisure battery (please correct me if I'm wrong, anyone). That made them much heavier to load and unload from the boot of a car or the back of a van.

I think it's all about power consumption. The Streamflo pump will use approx half the current a Shurflo pump will, using a controller.
One of the drawbacks with the original trolley was weight. The standard lead acid leisure battery they used didn't help.

From what I can see on the PF website, PF use a 16amp Lithium ion battery in the Nano Trolley. That would probably leave around 12 to 14 amps of useable power. A Streamflo pump will last around 7 hours of continuous work, where a Shurflo pump might last for 3 hours.

The 'Classic' trolley used a 24amp lead acid battery with a Shurflo pump. The current battery is sealed and basically only has a useable capacity of 12amp DOD (50% depth of discharge.) It will go lower than 50% but will reduce longevity of the battery. I don't know what controller PF use on the Nano trolley, but they used the standard Spring controller on the Classic trolley.
Yes I started out with the classic trolley and upgraded 2 years ago to the nano trolley. Much lighter and easier to manage. It looks like the controller is the same on the nano as it is on the classic. However my only gripe is the two pumps that I have bought only lasted a year. Anyway, a new pump has been ordered and I am also in the process of enquiring about a van mount (at long last!).

Latest Posts

Back