Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FEED BACK FOR MY FLYER PLEASE

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I’m happy with my prices I won’t be changing them I’m an 18 year old lad just getting out of an apprenticeship I can not do anymore
Fair do's mate, I appreciate what you are saying but set your stall out right from the off and you could drawf your previous employers earnings, don't doubt that you could be far better than your competitors.

I have been in this game 18 years now and it took me a good a few years to realise I could be better and it has only really being the last 5 years or so that I have really stepped beyond my competition light years I like to say as some clients are quite surprised to discover the overall service I offer.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I’m happy with my prices I won’t be changing them I’m an 18 year old lad just getting out of an apprenticeship I can not do anymore
Currently you are just starting and to a large degree I agree with your methods. However keep your mind open to what @Iron Gianthas said. When you're doing 200 houses a month then have a try at trying to see if you can get better prices. I appreciate at 18 years old, £18 an hour is tremendous money compared to what your pals are earning. However without fiddling the system it's not enough to start employing people. 

We live in the north east mate, we can not get away the stupid prices. I just finished an apprenticeship and his busniess is massive and he is on good money with them prices mate, at the end of the day it’s about getting the job with £6-£7-£8 On houses rather than going £15-£20 On a house because where I am they will laugh at you if you came in at them prices 
Dont be afraid mate let them laugh. If every window cleaner priced higher then eventually people would suddenly realise, oh...hang on...this market actually has some value to it. Lets pay the going rate and get it done. If you continue to price rock bottom people will continue to expect rock bottom. Takes a few years to break the mould but unless everyone strives for better prices then the industry will forever be like that. No established business round here is offering to take on new custys for those prices and we’re in south wales, the only different price bracket should be should be london and the surrounding area due to the cost of living being double of anywhere else. You aint got a pension or holiday pay or sick pay in this game mate, you can never earn enough believe me. Every time someone has a funeral, wedding etc bam, no income. Get on a profit sooner than i did and do yourself a favour

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

This thread highlights the insanity of putting prices on flyers.  Price becomes a selling point.

PS, how much was he paying you as an apprentice window cleaner?

I was on £300 a week
Good heavens, you must have been working flat out at them prices if he was taking his cut.  You will do fine mate, your doing the right thing in getting others to look at the leaflet in case they spot something you have missed.  If you can though do consider how much time a conservatory takes when you could be cleaning the next house.  I know it is not a long time, and you are already there, but it is still time. If you get five of them a day it will be £10 extra, but you might have lost an hour doing them, especially if you think about the time it takes to refill.

Good heavens, you must have been working flat out at them prices if he was taking his cut.  You will do fine mate, your doing the right thing in getting others to look at the leaflet in case they spot something you have missed.  If you can though do consider how much time a conservatory takes when you could be cleaning the next house.  I know it is not a long time, and you are already there, but it is still time. If you get five of them a day it will be £10 extra, but you might have lost an hour doing them, especially if you think about the time it takes to refill.
I know exactly what you’re sayng pal, but it’s  the north east of England mate and you can not put more than I have put on houses, fair enough down south or even thirsk yeah you can go £10-£20 per house and even £15-£25 with conny, but where I live mate then prices don’t exist. My boss was on about £1,500 he told me which we start at 9am and finish at 5pm inbetween that there is an hours break for lunch. 

Well he didn't get £1,500 by doing connys at £2 did he?
When we say doing conny this is just the Windows on that conny, we only add an extra £2-£3 on the price like I said mate north east of England..... it’s not like London mate, the prices are different. 

Come to the north east and see if you can build a big round with your prices mate because I’m telling you now you will have them jobs 5-6 month and they will drop out. Up here you can not get away putting high prices on houses

If you are cleaning windows wfp then frames should be thoroughly cleaned as standard, a wfper glass only cleaner isn't offering the best service at all and if this is how your former boss trained you he is totally wrong . 

He maybe making a fortune but he ain't got clue about exactly what a professional service should be, hence with respect peanuts and monkeys people won't cough up extra for a shoddy job. 

If you are cleaning windows wfp then frames should be thoroughly cleaned as standard, a wfper glass only cleaner isn't offering the best service at all and if this is how your former boss trained you he is totally wrong . 

He maybe making a fortune but he ain't got clue about exactly what a professional service should be, hence with respect peanuts and monkeys people won't cough up extra for a shoddy job. 
Lmao we clean all vents all frames and sills on every clean 

I think your nuts leaving a job that pays you £300 a week at 18 years old. I think youll hit the real world when you start on your own. You'll have to clean a hell of a lot of houses at £6-7 to reach your old wages of £300 a week. That's not taking into account of actually getting the money and all your out goings. I dont know what the world has come too when lads aint happy with £300 a week. When i was 18 i did a 3 year apprenticeship as a groundworker on £120 a week for a 40 hour week getting up at 5am to get to site for 7.30am grafting on a building site all day and im not talking decades ago im only 31 now. I think your in for a bit of a shock mate. But wish you luck.

I think your nuts leaving a job that pays you £300 a week at 18 years old. I think youll hit the real world when you start on your own. You'll have to clean a hell of a lot of houses at £6-7 to reach your old wages of £300 a week. That's not taking into account of actually getting the money and all your out goings. I dont know what the world has come too when lads aint happy with £300 a week. When i was 18 i did a 3 year apprenticeship as a groundworker on £120 a week for a 40 hour week getting up at 5am to get to site for 7.30am grafting on a building site all day and im not talking decades ago im only 31 now. I think your in for a bit of a shock mate. But wish you luck.
I’m not in for a shock at all pal, my boss has helped me a lot and for his busniess to grow he needs someone out, yeah it’s my own business but at the end of the day pal I know what I’m doing because my boss taught me very well. 

Yeah can go on and say I’m nuts but what I am actually doing isn’t nuts, I’m still working for him Monday to Friday, then on Saturdays I do my own jobs that brings in a little bit more money for myself. 

I know exactly what to do and how to do it, Im my bosses collecter for his money I know exactly what excuse customers can make and I know how to deal with it all mate, so before you go around calling me nuts just have a good hard look. 

One satrday morning starting at 9am finishing at 4pm can easily get me £200-£250 and I’ll be happy with that, I’m 18 mate I don’t have all these expenses you 30 year olds have mate!

just take a good luck before you go callinh me nuts pal 

Back