Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FEED BACK FOR MY FLYER PLEASE

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I’m not in for a shock at all pal, my boss has helped me a lot and for his busniess to grow he needs someone out, yeah it’s my own business but at the end of the day pal I know what I’m doing because my boss taught me very well. 

Yeah can go on and say I’m nuts but what I am actually doing isn’t nuts, I’m still working for him Monday to Friday, then on Saturdays I do my own jobs that brings in a little bit more money for myself. 

I know exactly what to do and how to do it, Im my bosses collecter for his money I know exactly what excuse customers can make and I know how to deal with it all mate, so before you go around calling me nuts just have a good hard look. 

One satrday morning starting at 9am finishing at 4pm can easily get me £200-£250 and I’ll be happy with that, I’m 18 mate I don’t have all these expenses you 30 year olds have mate!

just take a good luck before you go callinh me nuts pal 
Well you never stated the fact your still working for your boss. You said you wanted to leave. I think this is a case of you seeing how much your boss is making £1500 a week and thinking you can do the same. Well im afraid thats not the case. Youll need 200 houses a month from one estate at £6 a house and everyone will have to pay you. Then theres your material costs bad weather insurance cost tax national insurance cost of flyers work wear etc i could go on for ever about costs. I dont mean to sound rude but £300 a week for an apprentice doing a 9-5 sounds fine too me. I had the same with my apprentice gave him £50 a day at 17 years old he werent happy lol dont know whats up with you young lads? But yeah if your doing as you say on a sat fair enough might take a few years to get it built up but dont see how your gonna make £250 from £6 houses in one day you must be flying splash and dash and from a trolley too. Im not knocking you but wait untill its your own business its a different ball game and i should know been at it a while. 

Well you never stated the fact your still working for your boss. You said you wanted to leave. I think this is a case of you seeing how much your boss is making £1500 a week and thinking you can do the same. Well im afraid thats not the case. Youll need 200 houses a month from one estate at £6 a house and everyone will have to pay you. Then theres your material costs bad weather insurance cost tax national insurance cost of flyers work wear etc i could go on for ever about costs. I dont mean to sound rude but £300 a week for an apprentice doing a 9-5 sounds fine too me. I had the same with my apprentice gave him £50 a day at 17 years old he werent happy lol dont know whats up with you young lads? But yeah if your doing as you say on a sat fair enough might take a few years to get it built up but dont see how your gonna make £250 from £6 houses in one day you must be flying splash and dash and from a trolley too. Im not knocking you but wait untill its your own business its a different ball game and i should know been at it a while. 
I do t know where your bases mate but come down north east of England and show me that you can put high prices on houses, because I’ll tell you know you won’t last long mate yeah your busniess might be flying where you live but come to where I am and see how long you last with your high prices pal, my boss has been at it for 5 years now he has one of the biggest rounds in Teesside we always finish the month with no work left behind, we do a quality job we always get recommendations! 

So I will find it very very hard to say we are doing a poor job mate. 

Before you start dishing out bad comments please come down north and see how far you get I guarantee you will be out of busniess in 6 month with high price sea uo here

Crikey £200 a day on £6 houses that's 34 houses I couldn't clean that many in a day even on my compact rounds, Your boss ain't called Dave by any chance is he from Stockton

He is the owner of suds we sold each other some bits and pieces years ago, seemed like a decent guy built a business out of near enough nowt despite never cleaning a window before. 
Won’t be the one I thought then, I’ve seen suds around near where I live mate, we have some window cleaners around here that are very territorial and won’t speak to you at all

Crikey £200 a day on £6 houses that's 34 houses I couldn't clean that many in a day even on my compact rounds, Your boss ain't called Dave by any chance is he from Stockton
My exact point there's no way you will reach £200-250 a day at £6 a house im not slating your prices just trying to help you out by setting realistic goals mate but wish you all the best and i hope any 18 year old like you can have the balls to setup on there own just like i did but im telling you now youll be in for a shock on jusy how long it takes to build a stable round and especially at £6 a pop. And how hard running a business. Youll be lucky to hit £60 a day for the first few years. My prices are cheap and i make £800 a week plus every week and its a struggle for me at times. But fair play if you can work weekends and build it up why not fair play.

I was 21 and still living at home when I started up, id never cleaned a window in my life. I'd saved a grand and bought a small round out of the paper (that's what you did 27 years ago). I was making about £120 a week back then and used to give my mum £30 for board, and if I was a bit stuck one week I would pay her double the following week.
Now I'm married 3 kids, mortgage etc earning good money but with greater financial demands.
So what I'm saying to you is you've both age and good circumstances on your side, so go out there and make it happen, otherwise you could be working for the same guy in 25 years time resentful and thinking what if?
Good luck in what you do.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I'm getting a vibe that when bcs uses the word pal he's getting a tad irate? 

He's is going to need around 130 houses at £6 a pop cleaned every 4 weeks to make his £200 a week. Minus his tax works out at £4.80 a house, minus running costs like flyers etc.....

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Personally I think it's awful, sorry.  Makes for painful reading.  

Try:  

Need a regular window cleaner?  (Heading to get their attention) 

We clean windows, frames, sills and doors on every visit.

Using the latest high reach pure water system.

Your satisfaction guaranteed

Don't delay - book today!

Latest Posts

Back