filteration help with brodex 250ltr

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by morgan, Aug 13, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. morgan

morgan Member

Hi
    I thought i would change the first stage filter on mr brodex 250 ro system, can anywone tell me what filter this is ( first picture) i have purchased a filter(second picture)
    Is this suitable?
    Look forward to your replies

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. spruce

spruce Grand Master

#2 spruce, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    It is a sediment filter as Brodex don't believe you need a carbon block filter.

Its looks like a 10". I would use the carbon block if it allows sediment less than 5 microns to pass through it. (I can't magnify the second photo to see its specs.)

But I would order a couple of Fiberdyne carbon filters from Gardiners as they will also suffice as a sediment filter as well as being a carbon block to remove chlorine.

The reason why Brodex don't fit a carbon block filter is that they say that the chlorine in British water taps is not of a high enough concentration to destroy the r/o membrane. However, they are the only supplier to believe this. So the most obvious deduction an end-user can come to is that Brodex hope to sell more membranes due to premature failure caused by chlorine.

I hope your membrane is still performing efficiently.

3. morgan

morgan Member

Thats great thank you, my membrane is reducing water from 335 to 29 ppm does that sound okay?
    Will order what you say and appreciate your explanation.

4. doug atkinson

doug atkinson Well-Known Member

I would use a Fibredyne CFB Plus filter which is a sediment and carbon combined. Your membrane is only giving you 86% rejection rate which looks that it is on it's way out.

5. morgan

morgan Member

Would a good flushing help?
    Because i dont use every day it can go 4 weeks between uses

Advertisement