Filters And Membranes

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by iluvwindows, Jul 20, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. iluvwindows

iluvwindows Well-Known Member

How often are you meant to change these things?

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

they say prefilters are ment to be changed every 3 months if used daily and membrains every 6 months.

3. Clearview Lee

Clearview Lee Well-Known Member

I was told on the phone by one of the big suppliers - Filters every few months, Membranes every couple of years!!

I came looking for this thread as I haven't changed either of mine for 2 years!! It was still coming up as pretty much pure in the ICB tank. Just changed as it was reading 11pmm. I probably use 1000ltrs a week, so nothing major. Confusing though.

Be interesting to hear from others...

4. cheapncheerful

#4 cheapncheerful, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    funny enough I have just been doing my maths on spruces post ...I hate maths..
    he said a 20 inch carbon block was 78 thousand litres I think...
    so I have a 10 inch so half that..I havent got his proper make so its a cheaper make...so half 78 39 ..knock some off cause its a cheaper filter...so 30 thousand litres...

now I HALF AND HALF so I dont use that much pure...and of course I dont work that hard these days:rolleyes:well I did my share when I was younger...so I think only 200 litres per week..I have only been wfp six months so 25 weeks..times 2oo litres...is er..Im lost er...
    5000 litres a year so that means it should last six years ...I have just bought a set of three of each so....thats an awful long time..

unless of course ...that big contract heads my way..

funny thing is I drink some of my pure ...
    and it tastes funny tonight...hmmmmm
    could be me of course....:D

as for the sediment one thats easier...as you can see the colour of it and mine isnt as bad as one I saw on here yet...but I am not that tight I will change them a lot earlier...and I dont trust my maths either...

it was a very small bag of resin as well...but still running 000 so not worried yet..

5. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

Filters changed every quarter,,, I'm into my third year for the membranes , there get flushed before every pure making ...

Advertisement