Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Possibly the wettest winter?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Wind has been bad here today plus heavy rain showers and hail! Did a couple of quotes and took the van for a dpf regen run down the motorway. Then lunch in pub and a bit of shopping! Looks lovely out there but boy is it gusty. rest of the week looks dry but still a bit gusty at about 40mph but at least it's dry.
Did you rag it down the motorway at 69.9mph screaming in 4th gear to 20 mins 🤣

Did you rag it down the motorway at 69.9mph screaming in 4th gear to 20 mins 🤣
Exactly that 🤣 . I keep meaning to wire in an led to the glow plugs so I know when it's actually regening and can see it stop as I believe the glo plugs are active while regen. Tried using ODB port but can't seem to find an app that shows glow plug state or regen is active - maybe it's just my cheapy old elm327 odb reader :)

Exactly that 🤣 . I keep meaning to wire in an led to the glow plugs so I know when it's actually regening and can see it stop as I believe the glo plugs are active while regen. Tried using ODB port but can't seem to find an app that shows glow plug state or regen is active - maybe it's just my cheapy old elm327 odb reader :)
I just plug in my snap on OBd2 tablet and it tells me and beeps

TOPDON Topscan OBD2 Scanner Bluetooth, Wireless OBD2 Code Reader with Active Test, 8 Reset, Car Diagnostic Tool for All System, Vehicle Performance Test for iPhone & Android, All Software 1 Year Free https://amzn.eu/d/0FF84Eo

Never known the weather to be so bad for so long, think there has been rain every single day at some point since Christmas. I'm just treading water at the moment (excuse the pun), not done my usual business push yet this year because just can't be bothered trying to take any more on with the weather so persistently bad. I feel tired with it, just no let up, today was another, took the day off in advance as could see it would be a bad one, wouldn't have liked being out there today, hail and wind, even now the suns coming out but the wind is proper blowing, would be fighting with the pole.
It was quite bad in our area but still workable although when I started at 8:30 I really didn’t imagine gettin much done. Sometimes you just have to get out there as it always seems worse when you’re looking out from inside and you end up talking yourself into “youve done the right thing” to justify it to yourself. I did finish a little earlier and didn’t do as much as I’d liked.

Went out the area today to the border of Wales, glorious sunshine when I set off, glorious sunshine all the way, come back late afternoon along the M56 where you have Manchester dead ahead, it was just covered in almost black cloud, like a massive storm. I swear Manchester gets way more rain than other places. When I got back it had been raining and looked heavy. It's every single friggin day round here, at some point it's raining. Rain rain rain rain rain, moan moan moan moan moan :LOL:

It never stops rain because they never stop cloud seeding.

I've just seen a video pop up on my news feed showing an aircraft at the airport which looks more like a jet boat

I've just seen a video pop up on my news feed showing an aircraft at the airport which looks more like a jet boat
I am gob smacked that they allowed the aircrafts to start their engines and taxi in that depth of water. It would be so easy for the engines to ingest all sorts of rubbish floating in the flood water. No way that was safe.

Latest Posts

Back