Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Possibly the wettest winter?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cghwindowcleaning

I’ve been at this for a long time so I know what I’m up against with the British weather.

But I’ve honestly not known a winter so wet.I think we’ve had rain on one day or another every week since early November I can’t remember the last dry week.

I work in the rain but to be honest some of this weather is getting ridiculous to work in.

How have others found it lately?

I’ve been at this game for 12 years and class myself as being pretty resilient. We go out in all but the worst weather but this year it’s been grinding me down a bit. There doesn’t seem to be even a break of a few days of this shocking weather . It got so bad on Monday with wind and rain combined that the other half that works with me demanded we go on holiday . So I’ve booked a cheap all inclusive to fueteventura . The thought of the sun is now keeping me going

I’ve been at this game for 12 years and class myself as being pretty resilient. We go out in all but the worst weather but this year it’s been grinding me down a bit. There doesn’t seem to be even a break of a few days of this shocking weather . It got so bad on Monday with wind and rain combined that the other half that works with me demanded we go on holiday . So I’ve booked a cheap all inclusive to fueteventura . The thought of the sun is now keeping me going
Good idea @Richyconnett . Get a bit of sun for a little while ?

Have to agree.
I’m in one of the drier parts of the country but don’t think there’s been a single week since the end of January that hasn’t had one days rain.
It’s usually workable as by the time it’s reached down here it’s turned to drizzle.
No schedule on my round so if I don’t fancy it I’ll have a pleasant day off and my have to worry about ‘catching up’.
Keep your chins up lads. First day of meteorological spring tomorrow ????‍?

Last edited:
I don't understand how you can be so far behind the weather ain't been that bad in the last 24 years to be that far behind

We have had 2 or 3 storms, winds at mental speeds and rain. The storms were unworkable, I don't work in the rain either, I don't know what it's like down your way but it's not been very good up here.

My runs full aswell so I can't really catch it up when it goes behind

I’ve been at this for a long time so I know what I’m up against with the British weather.

But I’ve honestly not known a winter so wet.I think we’ve had rain on one day or another every week since early November I can’t remember the last dry week.

I work in the rain but to be honest some of this weather is getting ridiculous to work in.

How have others found it lately?
Funny you mention this we were saying exactly the same thing yesterday, ime not a depressive person but this winter has been a nightmare always chasing just trying to do normal windows and keep up to date just got fed up constantly paddling through water and mud in customers gardens , we haven’t done any add on jobs since December time , did a few gutter vac jobs today in the rain and hail showers , but we are way behind with them due to the weather.

Yep deffo. Although it’s not affected the work too much as I’ll work in anythin??? but I’ve certainly noticed a lot more standing water on custys property’s including my own. I even had to skip a back last month due to the size and depth of accumulated water at their back gate. They have been putting a plank of wood a cross to create a makeshift bridge but even that’s submerged now and in 15 years of cleaning that property I’ve know it. Unfortunately I didn’t have my waders on me that day????‍♂️

We have had 2 or 3 storms, winds at mental speeds and rain. The storms were unworkable, I don't work in the rain either, I don't know what it's like down your way but it's not been very good up here.

Had storms down here as well, but I forgot you are a lightweight ?

Won’t you work in moderate/light rain?
Being as you are in Scotland I would of thought it a necessity in this line of work?

Won’t you work in moderate/light rain?
Being as you are in Scotland I would of thought it a necessity in this line of work?

Depends what the winds like, light rain if its windy can feel like it's alot worse. I'd carry on if it was light, the last while though the wind has been coming too.

It's been like the storm Olympics up here.

It rains a fair bit here in the North West but its been really bad at times for the last few months.i too work in the rain and all my work is up to date....

According to the weather people we should expect much wetter weather all year round due to climate change

I need some new goretex jackets,2 of mine look tatty and well worn now,they are at least 10 years old now!

Time for 2 new ones(tax deductible of course)??

I've lived in my current house for nearly 40 years and for the last 25 years walked my dogs. Never known the grass and ground so wet.
This year I've even had to stop using one of the usual walks as it's flooded. It's also been very windy which has been more problematic
Same over my way grass is now mud and I'm sinking as I walk across fields locally but I'm a pit yacker so own a pair of wellies so will wade through all the flooded areas and our youngest dog thrives in all weather's she'll be in ditches and all over hunting, the old boy only gets around the streets these days

Yet in stark contrast the reservoirs I have walked around on a weekend are still well below what they should be, maybe 4ft or so lower which is lot water

Everything is completely waterlogged here still, I clean at a few farms and they say its been a nightmare for them too, pretty much nothing planted due to the conditions.
For us its been even better, as each decent week of weather we have had since December, we have either both been sick and unable to work, or the van has broken down! Think we have managed 3 weeks of work since December 18th o_O

Funnily enough was gonna do a post today about the weather then i saw this.. been wettest since 2018 I think. Its definitely depressing fortunately I work 3 or 4 days so don't get behind. Feel for the ones working full time. Another week or 2 & weather will hopefully settle

I've ordered 2 x marmot minimalist jackets at £155 each,a pair of gortex boots and a pair of goretex trainers,just over £600!but it's all going through the books as PPE...??

The caterpillar boots I've got a too heavy!there like deep sea diver boots!and they let in water now.the trainers will be worn in the warm summer months,I find my feet still get wet if I've just got canvas trainers on so these will be ideal...

The older I get the more I need comfortable footwear that keep me dry!

Latest Posts

Back