Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Possibly the wettest winter?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've ordered 2 x marmot minimalist jackets at £155 each,a pair of gortex boots and a pair of goretex trainers,just over £600!but it's all going through the books as PPE...??

The caterpillar boots I've got a too heavy!there like deep sea diver boots!and they let in water now.the trainers will be worn in the warm summer months,I find my feet still get wet if I've just got canvas trainers on so these will be ideal...

The older I get the more I need comfortable footwear that keep me dry!
Same here all your £600 spend isn't tax deductible it isn't classed as PPE or workwear

I've ordered 2 x marmot minimalist jackets at £155 each,a pair of gortex boots and a pair of goretex trainers,just over £600!but it's all going through the books as PPE...??

The caterpillar boots I've got a too heavy!there like deep sea diver boots!and they let in water now.the trainers will be worn in the warm summer months,I find my feet still get wet if I've just got canvas trainers on so these will be ideal...

The older I get the more I need comfortable footwear that keep me dry!
Caterpillar boots are to heavy??? thought you were a great big hard body builder that goes to the gym lifting heavy weights, but a pair of boots is to heavy ???

Caterpillar boots are to heavy??? thought you were a great big hard body builder that goes to the gym lifting heavy weights, but a pair of boots is to heavy ???

Yes they are,I prefer lighter footwear when working,besides they are steel toe cap which are just not needed for window cleaning and letting in water now.

I claim for as much expenses as I can.thats probably why my expenses for the year usually hover around the 7k mark while other window cleaners it's much less.i put £60 through too every year for washing cloths,etc.

Also I put 100% of my van expenses through as I have a separate car and only use the van for work.

Of course it's all tax deductible!

I only wear the waterproof jackets and waterproof footwear for work so therefore I class it as PPE as I work all year round in the rain.?
I used to quite enjoy buying expensive waterproofs etc for work and I honestly never wear them when out walking on the weekends ?

I'm glad everyone seems to be feeling the same, I thought it was just me. It doesn't feel like there has been a dry day for months. There hasn't been any cold sunny winter days like there normally is, just cold and wet, cold and cloudy... I've barely seen the sun this year, other than sunsets at the end of the day when it dips below the cloud line, I need the sun, after the non existent summer last year...

I'm glad everyone seems to be feeling the same, I thought it was just me. It doesn't feel like there has been a dry day for months. There hasn't been any cold sunny winter days like there normally is, just cold and wet, cold and cloudy... I've barely seen the sun this year, other than sunsets at the end of the day when it dips below the cloud line, I need the sun, after the non existent summer last year...
We had a good summer last year it will have been one of the driest on record the ground was baking hard the grass was dying as were farmer's crops as well

Think that was the 2022 summer, last summer was a lot wetter and colder
I can't remember what happened last week, to be honest, :ROFLMAO: but I do remember it been bone dry and crops dying etc and that was local to as well as walking in the Yorkshire dales river levels were right down streams dried up etc, we might have had some rain rain but not enough to make a real difference or be beneficial enough to the land and rivers etc.

Yes they are,I prefer lighter footwear when working,besides they are steel toe cap which are just not needed for window cleaning and letting in water now.
I do Muay Thai and although I like the work out I want to make my working day as easy as possible. Leave the workouts for the gym?

We had a good summer last year it will have been one of the driest on record the ground was baking hard the grass was dying as were farmer's crops as well
Around here it was dry but cold and constant cloud, very little in the way of sun. It was baking hot think end of May and start of June then nothing until mid Sept. It was that cold that I had to put the heating on one night in the middle of July and normally I'm sleeping on top of the bed without any sheets from June to mid August because my place is red hot in the summer, last year I think I slept without sheets on 2 nights.

Thankfully the suns been out yesterday and today so far... forecast for a week of it, it was still raining last night though...

Weather by me has been **** since end of last June.... Dull and a lot of rain. Hasn't beent he coldest winter though other than a couple of occasions where it froze up. Fitted a diesel heater in my van about eight weeks ago. I haven't turned it on once...

Around here it was dry but cold and constant cloud, very little in the way of sun. It was baking hot think end of May and start of June then nothing until mid Sept. It was that cold that I had to put the heating on one night in the middle of July and normally I'm sleeping on top of the bed without any sheets from June to mid August because my place is red hot in the summer, last year I think I slept without sheets on 2 nights.

Thankfully the suns been out yesterday and today so far... forecast for a week of it, it was still raining last night though...
Do you live under the shadow of Mount Doom 1709663564142.png

Latest Posts

Back