Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Possibly the wettest winter?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I can earn the same daz but it's not enough motivation for me to be enthusiastic. Not really arsed about the money anymore.

I didn't even get wet!got to my first job at 9am and it cleared up and i actually finished all my work by 2pm.

No rain whatsoever and the sun came out for a couple of hours.van filled up and batteries on charge for tomorrow,worksheets downloaded,slips printed.

Sat down with a big mug of tea now!

It's the end of a perfect working day!??

I didn't even get wet!got to my first job at 9am and it cleared up and i actually finished all my work by 2pm.

No rain whatsoever and the sun came out for a couple of hours.van filled up and batteries on charge for tomorrow,worksheets downloaded,slips printed.

Sat down with a big mug of tea now!

It's the end of a perfect working day!??
Stop being so bloody positive. Its making me sick. :ROFLMAO:

I can earn the same daz but it's not enough motivation for me to be enthusiastic. Not really arsed about the money anymore.

There's nothing worse than writing the day off at 8am because of a bad weather forecast and then it doesn't materialise...been there done that many times in my trad days.its a horrible feeling!!

How can you not be motivated by money?money pays for everything!my 2 luxury holidays booked and paid for this year,my brand new car that's getting delivered at the end of the month and a million other things!plus each month I'm saving money both for my tax bill and general savings for when I'm older....

Stop being so bloody positive. Its making me sick. :ROFLMAO:

This job is so easy these days,I don't get low motivation anymore....

Try cleaning windows for 17 years on ladders all year round and collecting twice a week for 4 hours.that was hard at times and totally demoralising esp with a drink/drug problem.

I'm 14 years WFP now and it's just a breeze!

No collecting
No ladder climbing
Higher earnings
Shorter days

Try doing trad for 25 years then 8 years wfp and never taking time off due to weather lol
Some of us are made of stronger stuff
Us southerners ?

There's nothing worse than writing the day off at 8am because of a bad weather forecast and then it doesn't materialise...been there done that many times in my trad days.its a horrible feeling!!

How can you not be motivated by money?money pays for everything!my 2 luxury holidays booked and paid for this year,my brand new car that's getting delivered at the end of the month and a million other things!plus each month I'm saving money both for my tax bill and general savings for when I'm older....
Thought Scottish was number one for boasting but looks like he’s got competition ??

It’s been raining from 8am until around 2pm here on the London/Kent border.
Worked through it. It wasn’t pleasant, but if I have a day extra off (I usually do 4 days a week) I want to do something I enjoy with that day.
I’m going fishing Friday with my neighbour, that’s why I gritted my teeth and worked through the rain ??
As Dazmond mentioned earlier, all about the right clothing. I have 3 Regatta coats in my van, plus waterproof trousers and a wide brimmed waterproof hat ?

This job is so easy these days,I don't get low motivation anymore....

Try cleaning windows for 17 years on ladders all year round and collecting twice a week for 4 hours.that was hard at times and totally demoralising esp with a drink/drug problem.

I'm 14 years WFP now and it's just a breeze!

No collecting
No ladder climbing
Higher earnings
Shorter days
Good for you pal. It looks like you've really turned your life round.

Was raining in my part of Dorset but petered out around 10ish would of gone for it but still unwell after flu. I agree it's so miserable in rain all the time but the advice of getting more coats is key as any rain coat seems to let rain through on the arms after an hr or 2 so to have at least 2 is essential. Once damp gets in you it's horrible. Hat is a good idea too as hate the emperor type ones that raincoats have!

its been tough but weve not lost a day yet . For some reason it mostly rains during the night here. I had a gent ring me today looking for work,apparently he did once work as an employed windie and wants another go at it .I asked him were you water pole or on ladders? Ladders he replied ,good man i said but then the choker he said he did not use ladders on All the upstairs he leaned out from the inside ....straight away i knew hed never been a windy! As it happens i dont need another employee but made a mental note to brush him off sharpish if i hear from him again

Was a joint decision as he hadn’t actually broken any rules apart from not being relevant to what was being talked about in threads but would have to behave lol
Well if he does come back on and carry’s on being the incredibly annoying to***r that he was before, I know myself and a couple of others will be on here a lot less.

Although that might please some on here ??????

Latest Posts

Back