Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First day tomorrow....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've only had WFP for upper floors for about 3 months.

My tip is to be really careful around edges of frames as you can pick up small pieces of brick that get trapped in the stock of the brush.

If you don't notice and later move on to an awkward window where you don't have as much control, it is possible they you can knock the glass with the brush stock and scratch glass with the embedded piece of brick! This happened to me on my 3rd or 4th week of WFP.

Remedy..order and fit a brush bumper for £5.

Check brush head and bristles after every job.

Good luck!
Thanks for this info Steve, I am going to order my brush bumpers first thing in the morning and get into a habit of checking the head and bristles after each job.  :1f44d:

1. Don't take anything to heart. I struggled with this to start with.

2. Don't slip into a bad routine. If you get up at 6am at your old job. Then get up at 6am for window cleaning. It's so easy to get into a bad routine. "Oh I don't have much work today I can do it tomorrow". Yes it can work, but it's not the right attitude.

3. Don't over complicate things/over think it. 

4. Be prepared to drop alot of customers. 

good luck for the future mate, It will soon warm up  :1f609:

keep going

don`t be put off

you will get there.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Don't take anything to heart. I struggled with this to start with.

2. Don't slip into a bad routine. If you get up at 6am at your old job. Then get up at 6am for window cleaning. It's so easy to get into a bad routine. "Oh I don't have much work today I can do it tomorrow". Yes it can work, but it's not the right attitude.

3. Don't over complicate things/over think it. 

4. Be prepared to drop alot of customers. 
Totally agree,

Luckily personally am a early riser anyway.

Learnt not to over complicate or think too much about things (like using Moerman liquidators)

Dropping customers, usually because under priced in early days,or entrance problems(climbing over garage roofs etc).poor payers,area not generating enough other customers etc.

Every day we get better at this job technique wise,speed wise,method of work wise......realising it is a job that has to make us money.....not a hobby.

Back