Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flawed liquidator

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Facelift red rubbers work the best for us

Last for ages and seem to slide better.. 

Excelerator handle gives a good angle. 

Used the ecover liquid this week and had no problems with it. Very good value for money. I decided to try out my 14" liquidator channel in my contour pro plus handle. Don't think I will return to my 12" after using it all day. Only thing which annoyed me was sometimes I left a line or two. The rubber is the razor red that came with it but I will be changing back to moreman or unger soft rubber which I always use.

I got a 10" & a 14" liquidator 2.0 and an Excelerator handle delivered on Monday. I have the liquidators in my unger ergotec fixed handles and after a couple of hours using them with the moerman soft rubber which came in them I was so frustrated with small lines that I was about to fetch my old s plus channels again but decided to change the rubber to my favourite unger soft and give it another chance. They immediately changed into completely different channels, no lines, smears or smudges. I have been using them for 2 full days and I can now say that I love them and I am so glad that I gave them another chance with unger soft. I intend to use the Excelerator for my pole work and keep the fixed handles in hand. I suppose it's just a case of trial and error which I hit lucky on my first change. Good luck with figuring out the correct combination for you. Oh I use blue fairy liquid which I have been using from day 1 and I have no intention of changing it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been having issues with the liquidator leaving loads of weird lines. What I've done is overlapped the rubber by about 1mil each side and that stopped about 99% of the issues. Does anyone stick pins or clips on the end to hold the rubber in place? Am unsing Unger soft at moment. 

I have been having issues with the liquidator leaving loads of weird lines. What I've done is overlapped the rubber by about 1mil each side and that stopped about 99% of the issues. Does anyone stick pins or clips on the end to hold the rubber in place? Am unsing Unger soft at moment. 
I use the green unger plastic end clips like Trad-Man advises

Are you supposed to put clips in for every rubber make? Or just certain ones 
You don't need to for rubber that fits tightly as it doesn't move. I don't bother with Ettore. Razr red & Moerman definitely need clips.  Like Mike I followed Trad-man's advice and use the unger green clips.

Thanks lads. Been using Unger soft don't have any Unger clips so will used some  it up paper clips. Feels like the blade is less dragy when fanning so hopefully that helps too. 

The lads using the green Unger clips do you not find it causes the rubber to not contact the glass properly? Using moerman rubber at the minute. 

The lads using the green Unger clips do you not find it causes the rubber to not contact the glass properly? Using moerman rubber at the minute. 

What channel end clips are you using? The very latest clips hold most rubbers very tightly. A good indication is that if it’s very difficult to get the Unger clip in then you’ve got the latest ones. The problem then is that the green clip may distort the rubber. I use them in the original clips and the earlier V2 clips but on the latest ones if the rubber is difficult to slide in and set? I don’t bother

Unger rubber is too short from the back to the front edge to use effectively with the liquidator channels

Moerman/ettore/razr are all a touch longer which helps a lot

And hi @Eric Gilliand not spoken for a while

What channel end clips are you using? The very latest clips hold most rubbers very tightly. A good indication is that if it’s very difficult to get the Unger clip in then you’ve got the latest ones. The problem then is that the green clip may distort the rubber. I use them in the original clips and the earlier V2 clips but on the latest ones if the rubber is difficult to slide in and set? I don’t bother

Thanks mate. Ah that must be the reason then. Just bought a new 12inch channel. Yeah the Unger clips so difficult to get them in this channel. Not used the Unger clips before. Got a 10 inch channel bought in late 2018 is that the latest V.2 clips too? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mate. Ah that must be the reason then. Just bought a new 12inch channel. Yeah the Unger clips so difficult to get them in this channel. Not used the Unger clips before. Got a 10 inch channel bought in late 2018 is that the latest V.2 clips too? 
I would say yes if you bought it from one of the larger, busier supply outlets.

I would say yes if you bought it from one of the larger, busier supply outlets.
Yeah the I bought the end of last year was from window cleaning warehouse. This one I bought last week the 12inch from cleaning spot.

Unger rubber is too short from the back to the front edge to use effectively with the liquidator channels

Moerman/ettore/razr are all a touch longer which helps a lot

And hi @Eric Gilliand not spoken for a while
Yeah thanks for that. I did read that somrwere that Unger rubber was too short. It's a shame I have loads of Unger soft here haha

How do people find using the ettore rubber in there liquidator?. I find it good rubber and holds tight etc. But because it's inbetween a soft rubber and hard rubber it can easily slip over the windows with paper thin seals leaving a edge of soap down the side. Anybody else find that? Best rubber I have used still moerman atm. 

Latest Posts

Back