Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flawed liquidator

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Got fed up using clips so drilled a small hole through both blue end clips and put a small self tapping screw in make sure it don't protrude through other side . Rubber don't move at all just a few extra seconds changing rubber but better than constantly shifting rubber on job . 12" never had a problem only on 14"

It's great reading through all these tips on getting the best out of the liquidator, this rubber, that rubber, different handles, end clips etc etc..... Maybe moerman could just make us all a nice finished product that doesn't need altering or messing about with ?

Surely someone from Moerman reads posts like this would be good to get some input from them 
Definitely, it's such a great idea and don't get me wrong, it does actually help with the detailing but it just seems untested and unfinished 

Iv been using the liquidator for a while now and love it. I brought a fliq for it and also loved it . Brilliant and speeds my cleaning up no end. Been using 10" for ages . Just like how it handles.  Brought the 14" liquidator today . Just been trying it out . Not overly impressed . Leaving lines . Had to change my technique to stop this.  Not sure if its because the rubber is brand new . Going to keep using for a week but if still not happy might try different rubber like a few of you have suggested.  

Iv been using the liquidator for a while now and love it. I brought a fliq for it and also loved it . Brilliant and speeds my cleaning up no end. Been using 10" for ages . Just like how it handles.  Brought the 14" liquidator today . Just been trying it out . Not overly impressed . Leaving lines . Had to change my technique to stop this.  Not sure if its because the rubber is brand new . Going to keep using for a week but if still not happy might try different rubber like a few of you have suggested.  
Always wear new rubber in before using on customers. I used razr red in my 14inch till last two times when I replaced the rubber with Unger soft, worked fine (with the green end clips). And replaced Friday with razr red again as still had some, and after wearing in worked fine.

I do advise using end clips in all moerman channels

Always wear new rubber in before using on customers. I used razr red in my 14inch till last two times when I replaced the rubber with Unger soft, worked fine (with the green end clips). And replaced Friday with razr red again as still had some, and after wearing in worked fine.

Have you a link for the end clips 

Where do you put the green clips in ? Also your rubber does it go right to the end of the blue end clips when I got mine the rubber that came in it was a couple mm short each side is that normal ? 

The other tip for liquidators i would recommend is use a LOT more soap. The more you use the less lines youll get, as long as you get the angle right in hand, its one of those tools that if you dont get the angle spot on it'll play up. I use mine almost every day, no mods and after a lot of practice it works spot on. I use moerman rubber and no issues atall now

Got them from Window Cleaning Warehouse, they are called Unger plastic clips, and you can see them under channels and rubbers page for Traditional.
I got some but do you put them right at the end of the clip or just where they will fit also any ideas on if the rubber should go right to the end of the blue clips 

Where do you put the green clips in ? Also your rubber does it go right to the end of the blue end clips when I got mine the rubber that came in it was a couple mm short each side is that normal ? 
I cut my rubber so it overlaps blue end clips by about a mil each end ,so more or less flush, also I keep it square at ends(just personal choice) the green clips go in the ends to prevent the rubber from moving (check out Trad man videos for where to fit them) makes a BIG difference using some kind of end clip

Thanks lads. Been using Unger soft don't have any Unger clips so will used some  it up paper clips. Feels like the blade is less dragy when fanning so hopefully that helps too. 
Believe PolznBladz uses paper clips too. When you use end clips you notice difference big time. 

I left the rubber untrimmed the last couple of days on my Liquidator and can't say i have had any problems.

The straight edge of the rubber also stops the annoying sound of plastic on wooden frames.

I used some Black Diamond rubber i had lying in the van but tomorrow i am going to change it for Red Razr and see how that goes.

No clips needed here but i find the shorter channels work with the Moerman handles but for my 14 inch i use the cheap Ettore quick release handle suggested here a while back and it is good.

Sometimes i dig an old Ettore brass or Unger steel squeegee out the van for old time sake but they just don't compare with the Liquidator.

You just have to make it work for you.

Go back to squeegee school?

No such thing as zero detail though as i wipe the frames and cills as part of service but i only have to wash my cloths every other week as they stay drier longer.

All these tips are great but that is my point really, can moerman please create a finished product that we don't have to mess about with, it's like we are using a test product that isn't finished and we have to tweek and make little changes to make it work. 

All these tips are great but that is my point really, can moerman please create a finished product that we don't have to mess about with, it's like we are using a test product that isn't finished and we have to tweek and make little changes to make it work. 
Are there any brands that you don't have to mess around with ? And get a good finish I rarely use the moerman by the way 

The lads using the green Unger clips do you not find it causes the rubber to not contact the glass properly? Using moerman rubber at the minute. 
No...other day started having problem with the left hand tip on my 14inch, looked and had lost the Unger clip, replaced it and squeegee was as good as new again.

How do people find using the ettore rubber in there liquidator?. I find it good rubber and holds tight etc. But because it's inbetween a soft rubber and hard rubber it can easily slip over the windows with paper thin seals leaving a edge of soap down the side. Anybody else find that? Best rubber I have used still moerman atm. 
Am using Ettore soft in all my moermans at moment, working great. As for riding over paper thin seals, accuracy!!!!

Latest Posts

Back